skip to content

Undergraduate Transfer Credit from Foreign Institutions

Who Is Eligible for Transfer Credit?

Any undergraduate student who has completed university-level course work at recognized foreign institutions.

What Classes Will Be Considered For Transfer Credit?

  • Classes must have been completed at a regionally-accredited or similarly-recognized tertiary/university-level institution in another country.
  • Classes must be academic in nature and comparable in depth and breadth to course work offered at U.S. colleges and universities in the bachelor’s degree level.
  • Only graded (assessed) classes will be considered for transfer credit.

The following types of classes will not transfer to UWM:

  • Classes that are secondary in nature or allow access to tertiary education (advanced level examinations; thirteenth year of secondary education)
  • Remedial courses
  • Classes that are purely vocational or applied in nature
  • Technical or applied courses that are not offered at the university-level in the U.S.
  • Military training or physical education
  • Graduate- or professional-level courses
  • English as a second language courses

Who Do You Contact With Questions?

Please first e-mail the International Admissions Team at You can also visit the International Student and Scholars Office at the Center for International Education, Garland Hall 138, phone 414-229-4846.