Undergraduate Transfer Credit from Foreign Institutions
Who Is Eligible for Transfer Credit?
Any undergraduate student who has completed university-level course work at recognized foreign institutions.
What Classes Will Be Considered For Transfer Credit?
- Classes must have been completed at a regionally-accredited or similarly-recognized tertiary/university-level institution in another country.
- Classes must be academic in nature and comparable in depth and breadth to course work offered at U.S. colleges and universities in the bachelor’s degree level.
- Only graded (assessed) classes will be considered for transfer credit.
The following types of classes will not transfer to UWM:
- Classes that are secondary in nature or allow access to tertiary education (advanced level examinations; thirteenth year of secondary education)
- Remedial courses
- Classes that are purely vocational or applied in nature
- Technical or applied courses that are not offered at the university-level in the U.S.
- Military training or physical education
- Graduate- or professional-level courses
- English as a second language courses