- AICC: The Aviation Industry CBT (Computer-Based Training) Committee
The Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC) is an international association of technology-based training professionals. The AICC develops guidelines for the aviation industry in the development, delivery, and evaluation of CBT and related training technologies. The objectives of the AICC are to:
- Assist airplane operators in development of guidelines that promote the economic and effective implementation of computer-based training (CBT).
- Develop guidelines to enable interoperability.
- Provide an open forum for the discussion of CBT and other training technologies.
- Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Network
In November 1997, the Department of Defense (DoD) and the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) launched the Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) initiative. A major collaborative ADL partner and presenter at the Kick-Off Meeting was the Instructional Management Systems (IMS) Project, a consortium of government organizations, over 1,600 colleges and universities, and 150 corporations. The purpose of this project is to develop an open architecture for online learning.
- Alliance of Remote Instructional Authoring and Distribution Networks for Europe (ARIADNE)
The ARIADNE Foundation was created to exploit and further develop the results of the ARIADNE and ARIADNE II European Projects, which created tools and methodologies for producing, managing and reusing computer-based pedagogical elements and telematics supported training curricula. Validation of the tools and concepts took place in various academic and corporate sites across Europe and was sufficiently encouraging to proceed with non-commercial exploitation.
CanCore enhances the ability of educators, researchers and students in Canada and around the world to search and locate material from online collections of educational resources. CanCore is based on and fully compatible with the IEEE Learning Object Metadata standard and the IMS Learning Resource Meta-data specification.
- Dublin Core Metadata Initiative
"an open organization engaged in the development of interoperable online metadata standards that support a broad range of purposes and business models. DCMI's activities include work on architecture and modeling, discussions and collaborative work in DCMI Communities and DCMI Task Groups, annual conferences and workshops, standards liaison, and educational efforts to promote widespread acceptance of metadata standards and practices."
- ELI - the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative
Supports new collegiate learning environments that use IT to improve the quality of teaching and learning, contain or reduce rising costs, and provide greater access to higher education
- "Learning Objects"
- IMS Global Learning Consortium, Inc.
MS Global Learning Consortium, Inc. (IMS) is developing and promoting open specifications for facilitating online distributed learning activities such as locating and using educational content, tracking learner progress, reporting learner performance, and exchanging student records between administrative systems.
- Learning Object Metadata Working Group (WG12) of the LTSC [See below]
- Learning Technology Standards Committee (LTSC) of the IEEE
The IEEE Learning Technology Standards Committee (LTSC) is chartered by the IEEE Computer Society Standards Activity Board to develop accredited technical standards, recommended practices, and guides for learning technology.