- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Events
- Getting Started
- Ready to Apply?
- Cost and Funding
- Getting Ready to Go
- Already Abroad?
- Welcome Back!
- Information for Special Students
- Information for Family & Friends
- Academic Programs
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
We hope that you are enjoying your program abroad! Below are many links to information that may be helpful to you before and/or during your study abroad.
- Currency converters
- English online international newspapers
- Temperature Convertor
- Traveler's Health (CDC)
- A Safe Trip Abroad
- Voting Abroad
- Glimpse Magazine: Features first-person, cultural-experience pieces written by study abroad students, international students, volunteers and others living abroad. Selected work is also republished by major newspapers or commissioned by Glimpse partners such as National Geographic Traveler.
- Study Abroad Resources: A great resource for additional links related to education abroad.
- For information about culture, culture shock and living abroad Click here.
- The Rough Guides: On-line travel guides for student and budget travelers.
- The Lonely Planet Guides: On-line travel guides for student and budget travelers.
- Let's Go Guides: On-line travel guides for student and budget travelers.
- GoAbroad.com: Allows you to select a type of experience abroad (travel, volunteer, study, etc.) and a country you are going to and produces a customized on-line travel guide based on these criteria.
- Kasbah: A country-by-country searchable database including travel tips and cultural, accommodation, and transportation information.
Finding Places to Stay
- Hostels.Com: An on-line guide to using youth hostels. Provides a general overview of what youth hostels are and a searchable database of youth hostels around the world. Also has links to on-line travel stores for rail passes, backpacks, and guidebooks.
- Hostelling International: International hostelling organization membership information.
- http://www.hostelworld.com: Hostel World.
- Backpack Europe on a Budget: An on-line guide to budget traveling in Europe. Provides information on packing, choosing a good pack or suitcase, where to stay, keeping in touch, and guidebook reviews.
- Cybercafe Search Engine: A searchable database of internet cafes and email kiosks around the world.
- Information on calling to and from host countries
- PicCell Wireless: Cell phone service for students and travelers abroad. Before acquiring a cell phone for use abroad, be sure to shop around for the best deal for your study site location. Pay-as-you-go service is typical outside the United States, which usually includes free incoming calls. For special discount information, please click here.