- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Events
- Getting Started
- Ready to Apply?
- Cost and Funding
- Getting Ready to Go
- Already Abroad?
- Welcome Back!
- Information for Special Students
- Information for Family & Friends
- Academic Programs
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
Teaching a Program Abroad
The Center for International Education (CIE) appreciates your interest in developing a faculty-led study abroad program. We look forward to assisting you in what will be a richly rewarding opportunity, both for your own professional development and the academic development of UWM students.
Although much work goes into developing and producing a successful study abroad program, you are not alone in this endeavor. CIE is happy to assist and guide you along by helping remove some of the burden associated with program development and coordination.
The following links provide a thorough review of the information to consider when applying to lead a study abroad program.
Program Proposal Deadlines:
- November 11: Deadline for proposals to lead summer and fall 2014 programs
- December 13: Faculty leader pre-departure orientation (9-1:00, Garland 104)
- April 14: Deadline for proposals to lead UWinteriM and spring 2014 programs
- May 10: Faculty leader pre-departure orientation (9-1:00, Garland 104)
Developing a Program
- General Overview
- Factors to Consider
- Design Considerations
- Program Leader Responsibilities
- CIE Responsibilities
- Proposal Development and Approval Steps
- Development and Approval Timeline
- Important Dates
- Marketing and Recruitment
- Money Issues
- Program Leader Orientation
- Program Leader Forms
- Emergency Contact Information
- CISI Insurance Information
- Incident/Accident Report Form
- Receipt for Services Form