Development and Approval Timeline
10-14 months before departure
- Determine intended destination, timeframe, and curriculum of program.
- Meet with CIE staff to discuss the program concept, logistics, and timeline.
- Begin the program and budget development process.
9-10 months before departure
- Submit completed program application to school/college colleagues for review.
- Make necessary revisions, if needed.
8 months before departure
- PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Submit proposal materials to CIE (earlier submissions welcome!). All signatures and supporting documentation must be included.
- Meet with CIE staff to discuss program budget and develop marketing plan.
6-7 months before departure
- Provide information/brochures to colleagues in your department. Contact faculty in other departments whose students may be interested in your program. Initiate off-campus outreach, as appropriate.
- Visit classes to promote program and hold recruitment meetings.
- Establish list of and follow-up with interested students.
3 months before departure
- Promote program at study abroad fair.
- STUDENT APPLICATION DEADLINE: Meet with CIE staff to review and approve/deny student applicants.
- Continue to talk to enrolled and interested students to keep enthusiasm high and answer questions.
1-3 months before departure
- CIE liaises with students regarding passports/visas, financial aid, account charges, and registration.
- CIE prepares travel and financial paperwork
- Submit forms and other items to CIE
1 month to 1 week before departure
- Attend faculty leader orientation
- Receive final pre-departure documents from CIE
- Lead program orientation with assistance from CIE staff
- Finalize program travel and finances
Within 1 month of return
- Turn in travel and program receipts to CIE for processing.
- Meet with CIE staff for a post-program de-briefing.