skip to content

H-4 Dependents

H-4 Dependents must enter the country in H-4 status or apply for a change of status using Form I-539 in conjunction with the H1B beneficiary application for H1B status. 

Additionally, when an H1B visa is extended through the UWM the H-4 dependents must apply for an Extension using Form I-539.

The I-539 may be submitted in conjunction with the University's I-129 H1B application for the beneficiary but the H-4 (or H1B) is responsible for submitting the Form I-539 and required attachments to the International Advisor before the I-129 is submitted. 

Please coordinate with the International Advisor if you have dependents and need to apply to Change or Extend their status(es).