skip to content

Scholar Employment

You are permitted to be employed at UWM as stated on your DS-2019. If you receive an offer of additional employment at UWM that conflicts what is stated on your DS-2019 (i.e. your DS-2019 indicates you are funded by your home institution to pursue research at UWM) and UWM would like to pay you please speak with an international advisor.

You are not permitted to engage in unauthorized off-campus employment. However, J-1 scholars may be eligible to receive payment for occasional lectures or consultations. Please speak with an International Scholar Advisor before agreeing to provide any services which may render payment.