- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Getting Started
- International Health Insurance
- Coming Home
- Academic Programs
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
If you are interested in a semester-long or year-long international study program, you are strongly encouraged to meet with your academic advisor to discuss and how it will fit into your timetable for graduation.
Application requirements differ by program type. If you are unsure about the type of program you are interested in, consult the program information webpage or ask a member of the study abroad office staff (414-229-5182, email@example.com).
Summer 2013 study abroad programs will be available on our website on January 20, 2013!
Academic Year 2013-2014 and Fall 2013 study abroad programs will be available on our website on January 20, 2013!
Completed applications for UWM and non-UWM study abroad and exchange programs are due by the following deadlines:
- October 1: spring semester programs
- October 15: UWinteriM programs (check program pages for exceptions)
- March 1: academic year and fall semester programs
- March 15: summer programs
Application Instructions by Program Type
- Short-term programs (UWinteriM, spring break, summer)
- Long-term programs (semester- and year-long study abroad and exchange)
- Non-UWM programs and Global Studies Internships
- Independent Internship, Study, or Research
- Non-credit Trips
- EMBA Program - Login to existing application (EMBA only)
- Late fees apply for applications and application materials submitted after program deadlines. CIE late fee policy.
- Individuals receiving veteran's benefits or tutition-based scholarships should consult with CIE before applying to an exchange program.
- Have a valid passport? If not, apply for one NOW! Passports are valid for 10 years; you should apply now even if you are only thinking about participating in a program.
- Some programs have early application deadlines and others have additional application materials. Make sure to check the individual program pages for this information.