About the Center for Industrial Mathematics
The Industrial mathematics program at UWM has graduated 18 students in the past 10 years and completed 29 research projects. The industrial mathematics program faculty are dedicated to the art and science of mathematical modeling, analysis, and computational simulation as it can be applied in a wide variety of situations. We work very closely with graduate students in solving problems, thus creating a very collegial atmosphere for learning applied mathematics and accomplishing research projects.
In terms of financial support industrial mathematics has been very successful, having attracted about one million dollars in exteramural support. New initiatives related to applications of mathematics to biology and ecology as well as actuarial science are noteworthy in our Department.
Related Activities and Support
- Northwestern Mutual Life Gift (2006)
- Actuarial science graduate level activities. Actuarial science at the graduate level is part of the industrial mathematics program.
Computational and Mathematical Methods in Science and Engineering (CMMSE)
- The CIM is a major Sponsor/Organizer/Founder of an international research conference series on applied, computational and industrial mathematics, whose meetings have been held in these locations:
- Milwaukee, WI, USA (2000, first meeting)
- Alicante, Spain (2002)
- Kastoria, Greece (2003)
- Uppsala, Sweden (2004)
- Alicante, Spain (2005)
- Madrid, Spain (2006)
- Chicago, IL, USA (2007)
- Murcia, Spain (2008)
- Gijon, Spain (2009)
- Madison, Wisconsin, USA (2010)
- Master's Degrees Awarded since 1997, 18
- Ph.D. Industrial Mathematics Degrees awarded since 2000, 2