G. Scott Davis
G. Scott Davis has been a researcher at the Center for Urban Initiatives and Research since 2007, and has worked as an independent consultant in program evaluation and research since 2003.
Scott has been active in all phases of program evaluation and applied research, including planning, implementation and analysis for such diverse areas as community perceptions, needs assessments, juvenile corrections, in-home family therapy services, clinical services and child abuse prevention programming. Scott has also worked with multiple stakeholders throughout Wisconsin, including Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha counties. Through his education and work, he has real-world experience in all phases of program development and design, process and outcome evaluations, survey development, design and analysis research; data analysis using SPSS software; and technical, grant and proposal writing, including publication of research.
With over ten years of direct service experience in the social services field, Scott understands the realities of working "in the field." He has served at various levels, including over eight years in progressively higher supervisory positions. Scott has experience with multiple populations, including at-risk youth, chronically mentally ill adults, multiple-issue families and the homeless. He has worked as an advocate for his clients while managing collaborative relationships within systems, including the legal system, schools, community-based services and others. This first-hand experience has benefited his skills in research and evaluation, as it couples real-world practicality with research-identified best practices.
- MS, Applied Psychology--Concentration in Program Evaluation
- Additional training in Mental Health and Substance Abuse issues and treatment, Gang Involvement, Cost-Benefit Analysis
Research Skills/Areas of Specialization
- Program evaluation, including planning and management
- Social services programming and development
- Survey design and analysis
- Statistical analysis
- Technical and proposal writing
Fields of Interest
- Community needs assessment
- Youth development
- Poverty and related issues
- Mental health issues and treatment
- Member, American Evaluation Association