Student Support Team
The Student Support Team supports student retention and a healthy campus community by identifying students in distress and coordinating appropriate interventions. Concerns reported to the team include:
- Homelessness, food insecurity, financial troubles, severe illness, medical emergencies
- Signs of substance abuse, weight change, poor hygiene, sleeping in class, cuts or bruises
- Change in behavior, quality of assignments, participation, and attendance
- Disruption,outbursts, aggression
- Strange communication patterns, paranoia, emotional disconnection
- Crying,depression, suicide ideation
If you are concerned about a student:
Talk to the student - if possible after class or in an office.
- Genuinely listen.
- Acknowledge the student's concerns and avoid judgment.
- Set limits and expectations, be firm.
- Ask the student questions to assess their intentions.
- What have you thought about doing?
- How are you working through ________ ?
- What resources/friends/organizations have you utilized for support?
You may tell students that you will respect their privacy (FERPA); however, do not promise confidentiality (threats to self and others, and abuse must be reported)
Connect the student to resources
Emergencies: contact UWM PD at 9-911 from a campus phone, 414-229-9911 from a cell phone
Counseling and Consultation: walk students to Norris Health Center or call x4716
Consultation and reporting: contact the Dean of Students Office at x4632 or email@example.com.
Community resources Call 211 for Impact (or you can call 1-866-211-3380) to access information about area resources or help with a variety of basic life needs.
Submit a report to www.care.uwm.edu