Graduate Project Assistantships, 2016-2017
THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED FOR ASSISTANTSHIPS. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR HOURLY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
The Division of Student Affairs is partnering with the School of Education to hire graduate project assistants. These assistantships are designed to prepare graduate students for professional positions in higher education. Graduate project assistants receive tuition remission and a salary.
Graduate Assistantships (position descriptions coming soon)
- Undergraduate Admissions Office
- Dean of Students Office
- Financial Aid Office
- Student Success Center & University Housing
How to Apply
Candidates interested in positions should hold Thursday, March 24th open for our on-campus interview day. Candidates must be available on the interview day for consideration.
- Resume (maximum length: 2 pages)
- Assistantship Preferences. List each assistantship for which you would like to be considered. Do NOT rank assistantships. Assistantships available for the 2016-2017 academic year are listed above.
- Personal Statement (maximum length: 2 pages) Use 12 point, Times New Roman font with double spacing and 1-inch margins.Don’t forget to put your name on the paper! Please tell us about yourself, highlighting your life and collegiate experiences.Be sure to speak about your career goals and how you will be a good fit for a graduate project assistantship at UWM in the Division of Student Affairs.For each position that interests you, address what about the position appeals to you and what unique contribution(s) you bring.
- Three professional references (not letters of recommendation) All references must be from recent supervisors or faculty members. Please do not submit more than three. If you are considered for a position, your references will be contacted.
Remember, all application materials are due to email@example.com by Friday, March 4, 2016.
The following positions are available to graduate students. Some positions are designed for individuals interested in pursuing a career in student affairs and offer leadership experiences comparable to assistantships. Other positions are more administratively focused. These positions are paid on an hourly basis and do not include tuition remission. Please click on the individual job descriptions for application deadlines and information on how to apply. Please contact the person listed within the position description for more information about each position.
- Student Involvement-Summer Position
- Student Involvement -Arts & Cultural Programs
- Student Involvement-Traditions
- Student Involvement-Recreation
- Student Involvement-Leadership
- Student Involvement-Sociocultural Programs
- Student Involvement-Student Organizations
- Alumni Relations
- School of Education
- Peck School of the Arts
- College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- UW-Waukesha-Career Center