Graduate Project Assistantships, 2014-2015
The Division of Student Affairs is partnering with the School of Education to hire Graduate Project Assistants. These Assistantships are designed to prepare graduate students for professional positions in Higher Education. Graduate Project Assistants who work at least 50% time will receive tuition remission and a salary.
- Alumni Relations/Student Success Center - Alumni Communications
- Dean of Students Office -Student Support and Appeals
- Dean of Students Office -Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Financial Aid Office - Customer Service
- Inclusive Excellence Center/Student Success Center - Lawton Scholar Supervisor
- Military & Veterans Resource Center - Program & Student Support
- Panther Academic Support Services - Tutoring
- Student Success Center - Transfer and Adult Student Success
Hourly Positions (non-assistantships)
The Division of Student Affairs also employs a large number of students in hourly positions. The following positions have experience comparable to the assistantships, however, they do not include tuition remission.
- Student Involvement - Coaching, Organization Development and Engagement (CODE) Facilitator
- Student Involvement - Gasthaus Entertainment Series and General Programming
- Student Involvement - Union Sociocultural Programming
- Neighborhood Housing Office - COAST Supervisor
- Student Life - Advocacy and Support
How to Apply
- Resume (maximum length: 2 pages)
- Personal Statement (maximum length: 2 pages) Use 12 point, Times New Roman font with double-spacing and 1-inch margins. Please tell us about yourself, highlighting your life and collegiate experiences. Be sure to speak about your career goals and how you will be a good fit for a graduate project assistantship at UWM in the Division of Student Affairs. For each position that interests you, address what about the position appeals to you and what unique contribution(s) you bring.
- Preference Sheet
Three professional references All references must be from recent supervisors or faculty members. Please do not submit more than three. If you are considered for a position, your references will be contacted. Please check out this Reference Resource for tips on selecting reference.
Robert Longwell-Grice, School of Education, at 414-229-3059 or Robert@uwm.edu