Volunteers Needed: Commencement Honors Marshals & Name Reader
No registrations accepted. The date of this event has passed.
This event is open to:
Classified Staff, Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, Non-Teaching Academic Staff
Date: Monday, December 09, 2013
6:15 PM - 8:45 PM
Location: Zelazo, Helen Bader Concert Hall
The Commencement Honors Ceremony is a one-hour ceremony for all graduating seniors with high GPA's (3.5 or above). It is a recognition ceremony that is attended by graduating seniors, their family and friends, the Chancellor, Provost, and School/College Deans or other representatives. The Commencement Honors Ceremony is at 7:30pm. The ceremony lasts about one hour.
Marshal & Name Reader duties include:
1. Reading students names as they walk across the stage. We ask that one marshal volunteer for this.
2. Assist students with lining up according to school/college.
3. Lead students to stage for processional.
4. Assist students with stage logistics during award distribution and recognition.
5. Lead students from stage for recessional.
6. Any other logistical and/or directional duties as needed to help the ceremony run smoothly.
Marshals will be given directions before the event in the form of a short orientation meeting. This event counts as University Service.
For more information or to request special accommodations, contact:
Paul Rediske, 229-5586