Applying to the Intensive English Program
An applicant must be 18 years old and have completed secondary school at the time of enrollment.
Download an IEP Program Packet
ESL Application and Registration Form
Steps in the application process:
- Download and print the registration and application form. Choose the correct form according to your status and the term you wish to attend:
Fill out the form and sign at the bottom of page 1. The student (not a sponsor or relative) must sign the application.
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print this form. A free copy is available from Adobe's Web Site
- Are you requesting an I-20 to apply for a student visa (F-1)?
Applicants who request an I-20 must show evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, fees and living expenses for full-time study.
- Proof can be in the form of an attested letter or statement from a financial institution showing funds in a checking, savings or money market account and/or a letter of award from a government or other sponsoring organization.
- If the funds are in foreign currency, please include conversion to US dollars.
Decide how to pay the registration fee and tuition deposit. See Payment Information.
All students: $300 tuition deposit due at the time of application. For new students: $130 registration fee (non refundable); optional $75 payment for express mail service of I-20 documents, otherwise documents will be sent by airmail.
- Send the completed and signed application together with any necessary additional documentation to the address on the application form.
Application deadline is one month before the start date. Prospective students needing an I-20 should apply two or more months in advance of the session start date.
Confirmation of Registration
The ESL Programs Office will confirm your registration once the application form, necessary documents and initial payment are received. Students who request an I-20 will receive a packet of information, including the I-20 form and instructions on how to apply for an F-1 visa.