Intensive English Program Dates
General InformationThe Intensive English Program (IEP) is a pre-academic English proficiency program that prepares students for university study and for professional life. The IEP has two 8-week terms per semester and offers 20 hours of English language instruction per week (18 hours in core classes + 2 hours in elective workshops). New applicants have the option apply for 4-, 8-, 12- or 16-week registration periods. The IEP accepts new students at the start dates listed below. The program is open to any student who has completed high school and is 18 years old or older.
- The application and registration deadline is one month before the session check-in date, as listed for each session below.
- Late applications may be accepted when space is available.
- New students needing an I-20 should apply more than two months in advance of the check-in date.
- Allow one month from the time the application is complete (application form, financial support information, initial payment) for receipt of the I-20 document.
Fall Semester 2014
September 2 – December 16, 2014
Term I: September 2 – October 24 (8 weeks)
Term II: October 27 - December 16 (8 Weeks)
Month 1 (September 2-26)
Apply no later than July 30 if you need the F-1 visa.
New students arrive on Aug. 27.
Tuition due Sept. 2.
- Month 2 (September 29 - October 24: If you begin during Month 2, you will join a class in progress.)
Apply no later than Aug 27 if you need the F-1 visa.New students arrive on Sept. 24.
Tuition due Sept. 29.
- Month 3 (October 27 - November 21)
Apply no later than Sept. 24 if you need the F-1 visa.New students arrive on Oct. 22.
Tuition due Oct 27.
Month 4 (November 24 - December 16)
No new students.
Spring Semester 2015
January 26, - May 22, 2015
Term I: January 26 – March 27 (8 weeks)
Term II: March 30 - May 22 (8 Weeks)Month 1 (January 26-February 20)
- Apply no later than Dec. 15 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on Jan. 21.
- Tuition due Jan. 26.
Month 2 (February 23-March 27: If you begin during Month 2, you will join a class in progress.)
- **SPRING BREAK: March 15-22**
- Apply no later than Jan. 26 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on Feb.18.
- Tuition due Feb 23.
Month 3 (March 30-April 24)
- Apply no later than Feb 27 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on March 25.
- Tuition due March 30.Month 4 (April 27-May 22)
- No new students.