Intensive English Program Dates
General InformationThe Intensive English Program (IEP) is a pre-academic English proficiency program that prepares students for university study and for professional life. The IEP has two 8-week sessions per semester and offers 20 hours of English language instruction per week (18 hours in core classes + 2 hours in special topics). New applicants have the option to apply for 8-, 12- or 16-week registration periods. The entry date options are listed below. The program is open to any student who has completed high school and is 18 years old or older. Please note: F-1 students will be automatically enrolled in the UWM Student Health Insurance plan. The cost for this insurance is the student’s responsibility and payment is due upon arrival.
- The application and registration deadline is one month before the session check-in date, as listed for each session below.
- Late applications may be accepted when space is available.
- New students needing an I-20 should apply more than two months in advance of the check-in date.
- Allow one month from the time the application is complete (application form, financial support information, initial payment) for receipt of the I-20 document.
Spring Semester 2015: January 26, 2015 - May 22, 2015
Term I: January 26 – March 27 (8 weeks)
Term II: March 30 - May 22 (8 Weeks)Month 1 (January 26-February 20)
- Apply no later than Dec. 15 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on Jan. 21.
- Tuition due Jan. 26.
Month 2 (February 23-March 27: If you begin during Month 2, you will join a class in progress.)
- **SPRING BREAK: March 15-22**
- Apply no later than Jan. 26 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on Feb.18.
- Tuition due Feb 23.
Month 3 (March 30-April 24)
- Apply no later than Feb 27 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on March 25.
- Tuition due March 30.Month 4 (April 27-May 22)
- No new students.
Summer Semester 2015: June 8, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Month I: June 8 – July 2 (4 weeks)
Month II: July 6 - July 31 (4 Weeks)Month 1
- Apply no later than April 22 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on June 3.
- Tuition due June 8.
- Apply no later than May 20 if you need the F-1 visa.
- New students arrive on July 1.
- Tuition due July 6.
Fall Semester 2015: September 2, 2015 - December 18, 2015
Term I: September 2 – October 23 (8 weeks)
Term II: October 26 - December 18 (8 Weeks)
Starts September 2; New students must arrive on August 27.
(Recommended arrival: August 24 for all-campus welcome events)
Apply no later than July 15 if you need the F-1 visa.
Tuition due August 27.
Month 2 (If you begin during Month 2, you will join a class in progress.)
Starts September 28; New students must arrive on September 23.
Apply no later than August 12 if you need the F-1 visa.
Tuition due Sept 23.
Month 3 Starts October 26; New students must arrive on October 21.
Apply no later than September 9 if you need the F-1 visa. Tuition due October 21.
- Month 4No new students.