ESL Payment Information
To reserve a place in the IEP, a student must pay the registration fee and a tuition deposit at the time of registration.
- Full payment is due on the first day of class.
- For late payments: Late fee is $25 and 1% of balance.
A student who enrolls in IEP classes is making a financial commitment to UWM for full payment of tuition and fees for the entire period for which the student is registered (full semester, two month or one month). The student has an online UWM PAWS account where financial information and due dates are recorded. The student (not the sponsor) is responsible for payment of all charges on the student's UWM PAWS account.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Download a payment information packet:
- Cancellation notice must be made in writing (email is OK).
- If you received an initial I-20, please return it to the ESL Programs Office before the refund is processed.
- There is no refund of the initial registration fee of $135
- Tuition refund: If cancellation notice is received BEFORE the first day of Week 1: Refund of 100% of payment.
- If you begin full-time academic study at UWM, 100% of payment is refunded.
Change in Enrollment Period After Session Has Begun
- Notice of change must be made in writing (email is okay).
- You must meet with the assistant director concerning possible change in immigration status.
- NO refund beginning Week 2 of the session.
How to Make a Payment
Electronic Wire Transfer (Bank to Bank)
(Note: Sender's bank may charge a service fee.)
|UWM Receiving Bank:|
777 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202 USA
|Bank Routing Number:||075000022|
|UWM Account Number:||112801427|
|Reference:||ESL Program + complete name of student|
- Bank check: The check must be in U.S. currency and issued by a bank that has an affiliation with a bank in the U.S. Make the check payable to: University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
- Money order: The money order must be in U.S. currency and payable to: University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
Mail the payment with the signed ESL application form to the ESL Office. DO NOT mail cash or traveler's checks.
|Postal mail address:
||Express mail address:
|UWM ESL Programs Office
||UWM ESL Programs Office
|Curtin Hall, Room 672
||Curtin Hall, Room 672
|P.O. Box 413
||3242 N. Downer Ave.
|Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
||Milwaukee, WI 53211
Payment in Person
1. Stop in at the ESL Programs Office, Curtin Hall, Room 672, to receive a Deposit Bill.
2. Payment can be made at UWM at the Cashier's Office in Mitchell Hall, Room 285, by debit card (issued by a U.S. bank), traveler's checks or cash.
ePayment by Credit Card
- Only new students may pay the registration fee and deposit by ePayment. Visa and Mastercard accepted.
- ePayment by Credit Card
Doing Business As
- UWM-English As 2nd Lang
- Customer Service Number
We respect your privacy. Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned. Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us.