- Classification Analysis Form (2 copies)
- Old Position Description (1 copy)
- New Position Description (Include cover sheet with signatures of employee & supervisor)
- Supervisory Analysis Form (If supervisory position) -- Original
- 1 copy of your Organization Chart
- NOTE: If an employee initiated the request for an audit of their position, include a copy of a letter from the employee citing the reasons they feel their position warrants a classification review.
Classified Recruitments are now completed in Applicant Information Management
System (AIMS) Resources
All Classified Recruitments are now completed in Applicant Information Management System (AIMS) Resources
Create a posting in AIMS (How to)
1. You can create a new posting from the Postings menu by clicking on the orange Create New Posting button.
2. You will have two options for creating a posting.
a. Create from Template-allows you to create brand new posting
b. Create from Posting-allows you to create from a previous posting
3. If you Create from Template, you will then search for the position that you want to create the posting for. You can search by Official Title or Title Code.
4. Once you have found the title that you will be using for your posting, use the Actions menu on the far right to Create From. When you hover over Actions, you will see the drop-down menu appear
5. On the new posting page, you will select the Department (if you have access to multiple departments) and set the Applicant Workflow to Application Submitted. Once this is done you can click on Create New Posting to move forward to your posting details.
create a posting from a previous posting, you can search for that posting by
Position Number. You will only be able to create from a previous posting, if
you had access to that posting previously. Follow the steps on Pages 5 and 6
once you have found your position to move forward with the posting.
Request to Recruit (completed by Originator/Supervisor)
Complete Posting Details Tab
Indicate documents Applicants need to submit for application (e.g., resume, cover letter, etc.)
Upload appropriate recruitment documents on Documents Tab
Electronic copy of position description emailed to PREP
Recruitment Justification (if required by your division)
Salary Justification Criteria (for broadbanded classifications) (Contact your Personnel Representative or HR Specialist for compensation analysis, if needed.)
Confidential Exclusion Analysis Form (if applicable)
Supervisory Exclusion Analysis Form(if applicable)
Management Exclusion Analysis Form (if applicable)
Complete Budget Tab
Add Posting Specific Questions (please work with your HR contact to create these)
Create a Guest User Account (it is best to create an account at this point, than to try to create one at a later date. Guest user log in cannot be changed, but you may change the password.
Forward to Director/Department Chair for review and approval
Note: IT positions must be reviewed by UITS prior to submission
(contact Anthony Quintero, ext. 6804, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Criminal Records Check
All positions require a criminal background check. Please read: Job Applicant Conviction and/or Pending Charges Records Review, Policy and Procedures.
Please send the following information to the PREP who will send the Criminal Records Check Letter and the Applicant Supplement form:
- The employees full name, address and
- Job position title
HiringProposal (completed by Originator/Supervisor) (Guide)
If the selected applicantapplied usingWisc.Jobs,instructthemto create anAIMSaccountby visiting https://jobs.uwm.edu/and clickingon “Create an Account.”(Note:have the candidate notify you that they have completed this step, you can notify HR, and they willthenapplythemto the position.)
Select appropriate Reports of Action(Disposition Statuses) for candidates, ensuring recommended candidate has status of "Request to Extend Offer"
InitiateHiringProposalandcomplete appropriate information for recommended candidate
Upload AlphabeticalListofCertifiedCandidates withReports ofAction,WrittenHiringJustification, and other appropriate documents (if required by Department)
Forwardto Director/DepartmentChairforreview andapproval
Send regret letters for non-selected candidates after the recommended candidate has started employment
Approved to Extend Offer (completed by Divisional HR/Personnel Representative)
Send Offer Letter to prospective candidate along with appropriate employment forms. (HR first drafts offer letter and sends to Personnel Representatives; Hiring Proposal status will be changed to “Approved to Extend Offer.”)
Once offer letter has been returned, Update Hiring Proposal status to “Offer Accepted” or “Offer Declined,” as appropriate.
o Offer Accepted – Forward appropriate hiring paperwork to Human Resources
Declined – Initiate new Hiring Proposal or contact HR Representative regarding
further recruitment options.
Termination or Resignation
- Termination or Resignation letter of previous incumbent and Director's acceptance of resignation letters.
- HRS form Job Change (with a Position) with Work Location section completed
Expected Job End Date:Last day worked Effective Date: One day following the last day worked
- These items must be forwarded to Linda Woods (Div PREP) for final approval
- These items must be received by the Human Resources Department before a list of applicants can be sent to the department for consideration.
How to Create a Posting in AIMS
Underutilized recruitments must be advertised outside of UWM. Please consult Human Resources for advertising resources.
If ads are placed for the recruitment the following two statements are required by Human Resources:
Affirmative Action Statement
For all position announcements (e.g. mailers, WEB announcements), please use the following statement regarding UWM's Affirmative Action Commitment:
UWM is an AA/EEO employer
Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990
Position announcements should include the following language regarding the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1990 (Clery Act, 34 CFR 668.41):
For the UWM Crime Statistics Annual Report and the Campus Security Policy, see: www.cleryact.uwm.edu or call the Office of Student Life, Mellencamp Hall 118 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
If you need a shorter version for brief position announcements, the statement should still reference the report itself and where to get it, both electronically and in hard copy. For the UWM Crime Statistics Report see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call the Office of Student Life at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
Orientation Information and Documents
- Introduction to Work Unit (functions and organizational chart of department) (provided to employee)
- UWM Organizational Chart (provided to employee)
- Finance and Administrative Affairs' Divisional Organizational Chart (provided to employee)
- Classified Work Rules (provided to employee)
Work Expectations (hours, work product, punctuality, attire, personal use of resources, and breaks; to be consistent within unit); Procedures for Reporting Late or Absent (to be consistent within unit)
- Finance and Administrative Affairs' Strategic Plan (provided to employee)
- Confidentiality Agreement (necessary for positions that involve confidential information; copy provided to employee)
- Benefits Summary (provided to employee)
- How to Track Time: Payroll Distribution Schedule (provided to employee)
- Discriminatory Conduct Policy (provided to employee)
- FMLA Leave Information (provided to employee)
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy and Procedures (provided to employee)
- Unemployment Insurance Disclosure on Excessive Absenteeism and Tardiness Without Prior Notice (provided to the employee)
- Employee Resources (provided to employee)
- Staff ID Card: ID cards are issued at Mellencamp Hall, the employee will need to be entered in the system and have a picture ID for verification.
- Driver's Authorization Form (provided to employees expected to travel)
- How to Establish an ePather ID (needed to obtain email address)