Building Chair Information
This page was last updated on 9/23/2013
Building Chair Meeting Agendas
Building Chairs Duties
Current Roster of Building Chairs
Current Roster of Building Chair Alternates
Required Workplace Postings
Building Information and Line Drawings
Emergency Response Procedures and Training
PowerPoint from October 24, 2012 Meeting
PowerPoint from April 26, 2013 Meeting
- Notify the Facility Services dispatcher (x4742) of any malfunction of facilities or equipment (i.e., roofs, corridors, rest rooms, building exteriors, etc.) that are not under the direct supervision of any department chair.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and Facility Services in matters pertaining to building equipment and maintenance.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and the Campus Security Committee and the University Police department in matters pertaining to security and safety issues and policies.
- Information on Emergency Management Training
- UWM EOP (Emergency Operations Planning)
- UWM COOP Plan
- Procedures for specific emergency services
- Information on Emergency Preparedness
- A PowerPoint presentation to UWM Building Chairs on Fire Safety
- Tornado Safety
- A PowerPoint presentation on Use of Building Public Address Systems.
- Procedures on Banning from University Buildings
- with departments in the building, the placement of security information;
- with Facility Services, the placement of bulletin boards and signs within each building;
- with UITS (Network Operations Center (NOC)), the location of public campus phones within the building;
- all required postings are posted on the building bulletin board;
- Meet periodically with the other building chairs to discuss matters related to building maintenance and security. The Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administrative Affairs will coordinate at least one meeting of chairs per year.
- Be prepared to communicate with UWM Finance and Administrative Affairs' departments on facility issues using e-mail.
- Appoint a Building Chair Alternate.