Network and Computer Policies & Procedures
Network Backup Policy
The Finance and Administrative Affairs (FAA) servers are backed up on a regular basis to protect against data loss due to hardware/software malfunction or human error.
Incremental backups of all the FAA servers are performed Monday through Thursday nights.
Full backups of the FAA servers are performed every Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Tape Rotation, Retention, Offsite storage, etc
- Near line backups occur every 3 hours via shadowcopy services at 7 am, 10 am, and 1 pm and are retained for approximately 2 weeks.
- Backup logs are reviewed weekly to check for errors / anomalies.
- Tape sets are rotated bi-weekly, the tape set previous to the current set is taken to offsite storage and the oldest sets from offsite storage are returned to the Systems office.
- Tapes are stored offsite in the BFS-Cashier's vault room.
- Data restores from tape are tested quarterly.
last reviewed: 02/15/2010
last revised: 02/12/2010