October 11 - 12, 2014
The seventh-annual UWM Family Weekend promises to be filled with something for everyone.
Events are set for Oct. 11 and 12, with the main day of activities scheduled for Sat., Oct. 11.
Two registration options are now available online.
- The first is a FREE option, which includes registration badges, a participant bag and admission to all Saturday non-meal events.
- The second option is $15 per attendee (children 5 and under are free) and includes breakfast, dinner, admission to both Panther soccer matches and a special Panther Families gift. The paid registration option also includes registration badges, a participant bag and admission to all Saturday non-meal events.
The schedule is highlighted by a number of signature events on Saturday. Signature events open to paid registrants include:
Brunch with University Leaders and the Student and Sibling Brunch (10:30-11:45 am)
Parents will have the opportunity to ask questions of campus leadership, while your students and their younger siblings can have fun and games at their own breakfast. Pounce will also visit the Student and Sibling Brunch.
Family Tailgate and Panther Soccer (Matches at 4 and 7 pm; dinner served from 5:30-7 pm)
Families will enjoy dinner at Engelmann Gym while receiving admission to a pair of UWM soccer matches at Engelmann Stadium. The women face Wright State at 4 p.m. while the men square off against Belmont at 7 p.m.A number of other signature events are open to all registrants, including:
- A coffee chat about Milwaukee with the Neighborhood Housing Office
- A campus scavenger hunt, with a chance to win great prizes
- Afternoon trivia with more great prizes
- Behind the scenes walking tours of the UWM campus
- Milwaukee trolley tours
- Variety of art and culture events
Plus, two additional events are on tap Sunday. The Panther Prowl 5K Run/Walk takes place Sunday morning, with hundreds of alumni, students, families and community members running and walking through the UWM campus and beautiful Lake Park to raise funds for student scholarships.
Registration for the Prowl prior to Sept. 30 is $28/person or $20/students and can be done online at https://www4.uwm.edu/pantherprowl/. A Panther Families team has been set up if you want to join an existing group. There is also late registration available and a new Kids Dash for kids 12 and under ($12).
You can also wrap up your Family Weekend by watching the Packers face the Miami Dolphins in the Union Gasthaus as part of the Post-Prowl Packer Party.
Pre-registration is encouraged. See you in October!