Professor, School of Freshwater Sciences
600 E. Greenfield Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
PhD, Chemical Oceanography, Texas A&M University, 1995
- Marine and freshwater biogeochemistry of carbon, nutrients and trace elements
- Fate and transport of oil, dispersant and other chemical species
- Aquatic colloids and nanoparticles
- Applications of U-Th decay series and other radionuclides in aquatic environments
- Biogeochemical processes at the land-ocean, river-lake, particle-water and biota-water interfaces
- Biogeochemical consequences of climate and environmental changes
Recent and selected publications
Guo L, Cai Y, Belzile C, and Macdonald RM. 2011. Sources and export fluxes of inorganic and organic carbon and nutrient species from the seasonally ice-covered Yukon River. Biogeochemistry doi:10.1007/s10533-010-9545-z.
Diercks AR, Highsmith RC, Asper VL, Joung DJ, Zhou Z, Guo L, Shiller AM, Joye SB, Teske AP, Guinasso N, Wade TL, and Lohrenz SE. 2010. Characterization of subsurface polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon at the Deepwater Horizon site. Geophysical Research Letters 37: L20602, doi:10.129/2010GL045046.
Wang X, Cai Y, and Guo L. 2010. Preferential removal of dissolved carbohydrates during estuarine mixing in the Bay of Saint Louis in the northern Gulf of Mexico. Marine Chemistry 119: 130-138, doi:10.1016/j.marchem.2010.01.006.
Stolpe B, Guo L, Shiller A, and Hassellov M. 2010. Size and composition of colloidal organic matter and trace elements in the Mississippi River, Pearl River and the northern Gulf of Mexico as characterized by flow field-flow fractionation. Marine Chemistry 118: 119-129, doi:10.1016/j.marchem.2009.11.007.
Zhang JZ, Guo L, and Fischer CR. 2010. Abundance and Chemical Speciation of Phosphorus in Sediments of the Mackenzie Delta, Chukchi Sea and Bering Sea. Aquatic Geochemistry 16: 353-371, doi:10.1007/s10498-009-9081-4.