After You Are Admitted

You will be mailed an ePanther ID once you are admitted. You must activate your ePanther account at as soon as possible. You will need your account activated to register on line using PAWS.

For more information about registration, please refer to the Registration page. See the Schedule of Classes for information on deadlines. Note: If you are a Senior Auditor you must wait until the first day of the semester to register for classes on a space available basis.

Campus Orientation
UWM offers new transfer and new adult students an orientation program called "The Next Step" before the start of each fall and spring semester. You will be invited to "The Next Step" if you have been admitted to UWM as a transfer student, an adult new freshman or non-degree student, or a re-entry after a prolonged absence from UWM. At "The Next Step" you can prepare for the upcoming semester when you pick up a UPASS (bus pass), pay tuition, buy textbooks, change your schedule, complete financial aid loan counseling, and have your student ID photo taken. In addition, you can take a campus tour and meet with academic advisors. This event is co-sponsored by the Office of Adult and Returning Student Services and the Department of Recruitment and Outreach.

Contacting your Advisor
You are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor before selecting classes (some programs have mandatory advising). Advisors help you with course selection, registration, degree requirements, and other questions you may have.
  • When admitted to a degree program, contact the UWM school/college to which you were admitted to schedule an advising appointment.

  • If admitted as a transfer student you will receive a credit evaluation of your prior college coursework about 6 to 8 weeks after your admission. Once you receive your credit evaluation, call an advisor in your school or college.

  • You may make an appointment with an advisor in the Office of Adult and Returning Student Services at any point in the process if you want to be admitted as a University Special or Summer Guest (non-degree) student.

Remember, you cannot register for classes until after you have been admitted.