/Users/tgrenke/Desktop/side pics/currentregister_3pics
Advanced Placement
The Advanced Placement (AP) program gives students an opportunity to earn college credit by taking college-level courses and exams while still in high school. Courses in 19 subject areas are followed by the AP examinations in early May. Credits are granted based on exam scores. Although students who have not studied extensively beyond the normal high school levels are not advised to take these examinations, the program is open to all students. If you are interested in obtaining AP credit, please check with your high school guidance office to find out if your school participates in the program. The College Board Advanced Placement Program administers the AP program under the advice of national groups of educators.

What AP scores do I need to get UWM credit?The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee awards college credit for scores of 3, 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement examinations to students who enroll at UWM. Depending upon the examination and the score, the credit award ranges from 3 to 8 college credits for each examination. More specific information on UW-Milwaukee's AP policy is available on-line via UW-HELP at Advanced Placement (AP) Examination Policy.

How do I send my AP scores to UWM for evaluation?To have AP test results evaluated for credit at UWM, you must submit official AP scores directly from the College Board to UW-Milwaukee. UWM cannot use scores that appear on another institution's transcript. UW-Milwaukee's school code for AP scores is #1473. If you indicated you wanted your scores sent to UWM when you took the exam and you have an active application to UWM, call admissions at 414-229-5932 to see if we received your scores.

If you need to have scores sent, please contact the College Board at 609-771-7300 or online at: Grade Reporting Services.