Transfer Guide

Transcripts: Before we can admit you, we’ll need a transcript of all your college credits and/or your current courses in progress. What else do you need to complete your application?

Coming from a University of Wisconsin school or Wisconsin Technical College? Find out what your courses will transfer in as at the Transfer Information System (TIS).

Once you’re admitted, set up a meeting with your academic advisor. Your advisor is your partner and guide to completing your degree at UWM. Build this relationship and ensure your success.

What type of transfer student are you?

Check out the following easy-to-understand guides based on the type of student you are.

Curriculum Guides

Below are the curriculum guides for some UWM majors. If your intended major does not have a curriculum guide, please feel free to contact the school or college with your questions.

School of Architecture and Urban Planning

Peck School of the Arts
Art and Design Department
Dance Department
Film Department
Inter-Arts Department
Theatre Department
Music Department

Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business
Business Administration
Business UW Colleges Transfer Equivalency Worksheet
Business MATC Transfer Equivalency Worksheet

School of Education

UW Colleges Transfer Guides

Milwaukee Area Technical College Transfer Guides

College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Computer Science
Electrical Engineering
Industrial Engineering
Material Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
UW Colleges Transfer Equivalency Worksheet for Engineering
MATC Transfer Equivalency Worksheet for Engineering

College of Health Sciences
Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical Sciences: Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Communicative Sciences & Disorders: Health Care
Communicative Sciences & Disorders: School
Health Care Administration
Nutritional Sciences
Occupational Studies

School of Information Studies
Information Science & Technology


College of Letters and Science

School of Nursing

Helen Bader School of Social Welfare