Adventure Cycling Association
American Transmission Company
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. (Esri)
Map Society of Wisconsin
- Professor Alice Yan, Zilber School of Public Health
- American Geographical Society Library
- Cartography and Geographic Information Science Center
- Center for Economic Development
- Center for Transportation Education and Development
- Center for Urban Initiatives and Research
- College of Letters and Science
- Executive MBA Program, Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business
- Geography Department
- Geoscience Department
- GIS Club
- Master of Public Administration Program
- School of Architecture and Urban Planning
- School of Information Studies
- Sociology Department
- University Information Technology Services
- Urban Planning Department
- Urban Studies Programs
- UWM Libraries
- Zilber School of Public Health
"Esri and the Esri Logo are licensed trademarks of Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc." This Agreement gives you no rights to any intellectual property of Esri, and in particular, no rights to distribute Esri software.
What IS GIS Day?
GIS Day is a global event for thousands of users of GIS technology to educate millions of children and adults about how geography makes a difference in our lives through the technology of GIS and to demonstrate GIS technology at schools and organizations around the world.
A GIS, or geographic information system, represents computer software, data, and solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide in government, education, and business.
GIS Day 2013 will be held during Geography Awareness Week (Nov. 17-23) which is sponsored by the National Geographic Society. Both events are part of the National Geographic Society's exciting new initiative, Geography Action, which is a year-long initiative encompassing key educational achievements. In addition to events such as GIS Day and Geography Awareness Week, there will also be many worldwide activities supporting geography action, with their goal being to engage people in learning and caring about geography.
Come join us as we celebrate GIS Day 2013!
Who should attend? People of all ages interested in learning more about geography and the technology of GIS!
- UWM GIS Day Activities
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- Location: American Geographical Society Library,
- Golda Meir Library, 3rd floor East Wing
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
Come see our GIS in operation. Meet the operators of our system, ask questions, and even try some GIS activities yourself.