Support Agreement for ESRI ArcIMS/ArcGIS/ArcSDE Technology at UWM
Current Support Agreement
Special support: version 3.0
date: August 27, 2010
Previous Support Agreement:
This agreement defines the provisions for hosting and supporting the ESRI ArcIMS, ArcGIS and ArcSDE applications for general campus use.
- The Service Manager is the professional responsible for managing service, primary escalation of problem resolution as well as technical project management and coordination.
- The Project Manager is the GIS Council representative who will serve as the primary contact for coordinating services or addressing issues and concerns.
- Individual User Group IT contacts.
- The specific individuals and contact information are listed in Addendum 02.
GIS Council Responsibilities:
- Appointment of Project Manager and backup.
- Appointment of ArcIMS/ArcGIS/ArcSDE Server subcommittee.
- Development of policies and procedures for use of technologies involved in this project.
- User accounts
- Sunset dates
- Downtime Policies
- Custom Domain name URL for the server – like http://gis.sarup.uwm.edu
- Create an escalation tree
- Write and submit an Ed Tech Proposal to extend this support agreement through subsequent years.
College of Letters and Science Responsibilities:
[In consultation with SARUP, acquisition and deployment of server technology. (2007)]
Individual User Group Responsibilities:
Appoint IT contact for each user group
- Operational services:
- Monitoring of server uptime and status. The Project Manager will be immediately notified of any detected problems.
- Environmental services for equipment:
- Connection to conditioned power.
- Connection to Uninterrupted Power Supply.
- Connection to the campus network backbone.
- Space for equipment.
- A minimum of 24-hour advance notice warning for scheduled downtime, to be scheduled in consultation with the designated Project Manager.
- Scheduled reboots happen between 1am – 3am, key service functionality will be verified after reboot.
- Server OS or ESRI service packs are installed after 6 PM or later with consultation with the Project Manager with reboot scheduled 1am – 3am.
- Server OS/ESRI Software version changes happen on the weekends and are complete by Monday Morning with consultation with the Project Manager.
- Installation and setup of the server and the operating system.
- General day-to-day system hardware and software administration, maintenance, and support:
- First-line troubleshooting and assessment of problems (including servers, network, power, UPS, etc.) with notification regarding cause and resolution of problems.
- Server performance tuning.
- Administration of operating system.
- Installation, setup and ongoing support of installed operating system and apply, as needed, patches or upgrades.
- First-line troubleshooting and assessment of problems with notification to the Project Manager regarding cause and resolution of problems.
- In consultation with the Project Manager, designate a monthly window for server maintenance.
- A minimum of 24-hour advance notice/warning for routine server maintenance or downtime, to be scheduled in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Non-routine maintenance – emergency patches or repairs, security issues, etc. – will be undertaken in rare cases. Care will be taken to minimize client impact. The Project Manager will be notified as soon as possible with an estimation of downtime.
- Server backup
Creating & Maintaining the Support Website for ArcIMS, & ArcGIS server.
- Coordination of enhancements/upgrades.
- Setup, testing, maintenance and problem resolution.
- Software application development and/or installation.
- Account administration.
- Implement GIS Council policies.
- Hardware maintenance agreements.
- Software maintenance agreements.
- SSL Certificates, if needed.
A meeting will be held, at a minimum quarterly or as requested by any party, to review the services defined in this Support Agreement. These review meetings will include evaluating the quality of service rendered, the response and resolution times for server related problems, and the status of any outstanding issues. The authorizing individuals (or their designates) must mutually agree to any changes in this agreement and either party may request a review of this agreement at any time.
Patricia L. Kissinger Date
College of Letters & Science
Stephen L. Percy Date
Academic Program Director
Center for Urban Initiatives and Research
Ewa E. Barczyk Date
Stephen R. Heidt Date
School of Architecture and Urban Planning
Addendum 01 Fees
Funded with an Ed Tech Grant (Proposal linked here)
Transfer funds to:
Organization Name: School of Architecture and Urban Planning
Organization No.: B11-0101
Addendum 02 Key Personnel
Name: Kurt R Meingast
Title: Associate Information Processing Consultant
Department: Administration Office
Address: Arch & Urban Planning 150A
Office Phone: (414)229-6007
Project Manager (Interim):
Name: Donna Genzmer
Department: Cartography & GIS Center
Office Address: Bolton 420
Office Phone: (414)229-4865
GIS Council subcommittee for ArcIMS/ArcGIS/ArcSDE Technology:
- Donna Genzmer email@example.com
- Jim Kavanagh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kurt Meingast email@example.com
- Melissa Mann firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Reis email@example.com
- Mark Schwartz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individual User Group IT Contacts:
- To be determined by GIS Council subcommittee
Policies and Procedures:
version E date: August 13, 2009
A. User accounts
A user will request an account through a professor. The user or the professor will fill out the online request form (available at http://www4.uwm.edu/giscertificate/forms/webgis_account_request.cfm). The online form will automatically generate an email to the professor, who will then forward the email to Kurt Meingast (email@example.com). This will ensure that only valid users will have accounts.
Project data storage space will be limited to 115GB. Additional storage space will be allotted at the discretion of the technical manager, Kurt Meingast.
C. Sunset dates
All accounts will be effective through June 30, 2011. This is when the current support agreement expires.
D. Downtime policies
In the event the server needs to be down, Kurt Meingast will email all users with accounts, all IT contacts, and all subcommittee members. The contact list is shown below.
Contact list in the event the server will be down:
- All users with active accounts
- All ArcIMS subcommittee members and local IT representatives:
Anne Reis AGSL firstname.lastname@example.org
(414) 229-6282 Donna Genzmer Cartography & GIS Center (project manager) email@example.com (414) 229-4685 Terry Johnson CUIR firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 229-3780 Jim Kavanagh L&S email@example.com (414) 229-5552 Melissa Mann Urban Planning firstname.lastname@example.org (262) 377-1308 Kurt Meingast SARUP (technical manager) email@example.com see F2 below Andy Ritter UWM Libraries firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 229-6207 Mark Schwartz Geography email@example.com (414) 229-3740
E. Custom domain name URL for the server
F. Escalation tree
In the event of problems using ArcIMS/ArcGIS/ArcSDE, the users will contact their local user group IT contact person, who will then contact Kurt Meingast. This will ensure that local IT contacts as well as Kurt will be aware of problems. See the contact list below.
Contact List in the event of problems
- Contact Local IT Representative:
L&S Jim Kavanagh firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 229-5552
CUIR Terry Johnson email@example.com (414) 229-3780 Libraries Andy Ritter firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 229-6207 SARUP/Others contact Kurt Meingast directly – see below
- Local IT Representative will contact Kurt Meingast:
Contact Kurt by phone using the numbers below in the order they are given:
- Main Contact: (414) 828-9781
- Office Contact: (414) 229-6007
- Home Contact: (414) 906-1017
- Email: email@example.com