Admission to the Criminal Justice Major
All potential criminal justice students enter the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare as intended majors. (The school offers degrees in criminal justice and social work.) Once in the school, a student must submit a separate application to enter the criminal justice major.
Requirements for acceptance into the criminal justice major:
- Completion of English and math requirements
- Junior standing (58+ credits)
- Having attended UWM for at least one full-time semester, or its equivalent
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, including transfer work
- Satisfactory completion of Introduction to Criminal Justice Research (CJ 150)