MSW Academic Dismissal Policies
- Any student whose GPA falls below the minimum 3.0 will be subject to academic dismissal from the Master's Program in Social Work.
- Any students who are admitted to this program on probation, and whose GPA falls below 3.0 in any given semester will be subject to academic dismissal unless they can provide satisfactory reasons for their substandard performance, and unless they can demonstrate their capacity to meet minimum standards of performance in the future.
- Any students whose performance in a field placement is unsatisfactory and/or who receive a grade of less than "B" in the placement will be subject to academic dismissal from the program.
- Any students whose performance in a methods course is unsatisfactory and who receive a grade of less than "B" in a methods course (SOC WRK 708, 709, 711, 811, 713, 915, 820) will be subject to academic dismissal.
- Students who are rejected for placement by three or more agencies for reasons that relate to their appropriateness or their readiness for placement will be subject to discontinuance from the program.
- Students whose general performance is viewed as nonprofessional will be subject to dismissal from the graduate social work program.