Thinking about moving out?
Are you planning on moving out mid-year?
If you plan on moving out before the end of your academic year contract it is considered TERMINATION OF CONTRACT. See page 10 of your contract guidebook for details. Residents not returning for spring semester must vacate no later than 12:00pm on December 21, 2012.
Approved reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to:
- personal illness, family illness, or serious emergency which prevents the resident's attendance;
- assignment to a University-sponsored internship or other program which requires living outside of Milwaukee County; or
- withdrawal, transfer or being dismissed by the University.
If your termination reason is NOT APPROVED by University Housing, you will be charged as follows:
- 85% of the charges for the type of room assigned for the duration of the contract (this includes forfeiture of $300 pre-payment/deposit);
- The SHAC fee for the current semester
- Meal plan charges for the current semester. This includes the administrative fee charges for the entire academic year, all used points, and a processing fee of $10.00
CONTRACT TERMINATION PROCESS:
- Submit the Contract Termination form to University Housing, Sandburg C100. This form can be found online at www.universityhousing.uwm.edu under Quicklinks: Forms & Publications
- Schedule your In-Person Exit Interview and attend appointment
- Schedule a room check-out appointment with your RA
- Complete Termination Checklist. This will help you check-out properly!