Thinking about moving out?
Are you planning on moving out mid-year?
The Kenilworth Contract dates are September 1, 2012 through August 18, 2013. If you plan on moving out before the end of your calendar year contract it is considered TERMINATION OF CONTRACT. See page 10 of your contract guidebook for details.
Approved reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to:
- personal illness, family illness, or serious emergency which prevents the resident's attendance;
- assignment to a University-sponsored internship or other program which requires living outside of Milwaukee County; or
- withdrawal, transfer or being dismissed by the University.
If your termination reason is NOT APPROVED by University Housing, you will be charged as follows:
- the $300 pre-payment/deposit;
- monthly apartment charges will be billed to the charge date (the last day of the month in which the key is returned)
- 85% of the charges for the type of room assigned for the duration of the contract.
CONTRACT TERMINATION PROCESS:
- Submit the Contract Termination form to University Housing, Sandburg C100. This form can be found online at www.universityhousing.uwm.edu under Quicklinks: Forms & Publications
- Schedule your In-Person Exit Interview and attend appointment
- Schedule a room check-out appointment with your RHA
- Complete Termination Checklist. This will help you check-out properly!