Cambridge Commons Move Out
Cambridge Commons, Purin, RiverView and Sandburg Residence Halls will close at 6:00PM on Saturday, May 18, 2013.
Move Out Station
Vacuums and carts are available to check out at the Cambridge Commons Service Desk. Equipment is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. We recommend bringing cleaning supplies and a vacuum from home.
You may also drop off gently used clothing and non-perishable foods that might otherwise be thrown away. University Housing with United Way and local food pantries to distribute any donations. Cambridge residents can check with the Service Desk for the drop-off location.
Security monitors will be active 24 hours a day. If family and friends are helping you move and wish to enter the building, they will need to have a valid photo ID. Starting Tuesday, May 14 from 9:00am to 7:00pm you and your helpers may utilize the north end (un-gated section) of Cambridge Garage.
You will need a bracelet to enter the building. You can pick up one of these bracelets at the security monitor station near the service desk. This bracelet expires at 7:00pm. After 7:00pm all guests must be registered and show a valid photo ID and carry their guest pass. These bracelets are void at this point and any unregistered guest without a guest pass and photo ID will not be allowed into the building.
Please be aware of the following restrictions on parking around Cambridge Commons during move out.
- DO NOT BRING TRAILERS! - Vehicles with trailers may be denied parking
- 45-minute loading zone parking will be in front on Cambridge Avenue and in the guest parking spots in the un-gated section of the Cambridge Parking Garage from Tuesday, May 14-Saturday, May 18.
- There are additional street parking spaces (subject to any posted restrictions) on Cambridge Ave., E. Commerce St., south of North Ave. and on North Ave.
- No overnight parking will be allowed in the Cambridge Garage.
- For overnight street parking permission please call (414)286-8300.
- Please follow all posted street parking rules. University Housing is not responsible for any parking citations.
- The parking garage elevator access will be open from 9:00AM - 7:00PM, May 16 - May 18. After 7:00PM, you will need to use the main entrance to load your vehicles.
- Cambridge residents with garage permits may continue to use the garage (but may not bring trailers into the garage).