Kenilworth Move Out
The 2012-2013 Kenilworth Contract ends on August 18, 2013. Information for students moving to a new Kenilworth apartment should pay special attention to the process in Section (V) below.
I.Move-Out Sign Up Process
- ALL RESIDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK OUT WITH THEIR RHA.
- Residents are expected to sign up for a check out time by 5PM on Tuesday, August 6.
- Go to www.mysignup.com/ksaclosing13
- Click on an OPEN time
- Fill out ALL information
- Hit Submit
- Residents need to show up ON TIME for their scheduled check out time. We have a lot of students who are checking out.
- Meet your RHA at the KSA Service Desk at your check out time
- NO ONE WILL MEET YOU AT YOUR ROOM
- ALL of your personal belongings must be out and the suite must be completely cleaned at the time of your checkout.
- The following things will result in a $75 improper checkout fee (damages to room are separately charged):
- Not signing up for a check-out time,
- Not showing up on time for your checkout,
- Not removing all of your belongings from the room
- Not cleaning your room and returning it to its original condition.
II.Miscellaneous Move-Out Information
Cleaning and Cleaning Charges
Cleaning your room and suite is a serious issue. You need to clean your room, hallway, bathroom and kitchen. Rooms need to be in move-out condition when the FIRST resident of a suite moves out. To have items packed up from a room charges start at $100.00. IT IS IMPORTANT TO return the room to the condition it was when you moved in!
Vacuums and Cleaning Supplies
Cleaning kits are $10 if ordered through the RHA or $15 if purchase at the desk.
Also, there is a limited amount of vacuums, we suggest that residents vacuum their rooms early, or have their parents bring a vacuum and/or cleaning supplies from home. Vacuums will be checked out at the service desks, except in Sandburg where they will be in the Green Room.
Carts for moving
Carts will be available for use. First come first serve, Limit to 1 hour usage. DO NOT store them in your apartment and stockpile until you move later.
MAIL Forwarding address
All residents need to update their forwarding address at the myhousing portal (on the University Housing main page). Failure to update this information will result in your mail being returned to sender.
Do not place large items in the trash rooms. Use the trash room on the first floor or the dumpster in the first floor parking garage for larger items.
All policy violations will still be addressed and there are still consequences for violating policy.
III.Move Out Cleaning List
- Remove personal items including towels, washcloths, toiletries & bathmats.
- Empty trash.
- Clean sink area & mirrors. (Wipe down shelves in medicine cabinet.)
- Check walls and remove any stains/scuff marks
- Clean toilet (inside & out).
- Clean shower walls, floor & chrome.
- Vacuum and mop floor.
- Window blinds should be opened and raised halfway.
- Remove any personal belongings.
- Empty trash can in trash room.
- Dust entire room & wipe down furniture.
- Clean any mirrors in the room.
- Check walls and remove any stains/scuff marks
- Check all drawers, closets, & under bed for items you may have missed.
- Vacuum room. (Be sure to vacuum under the bed & under the desk!)
Kitchen / Living Room
- Empty trash and bring to the trash room.
- Remove all personal belongings including (dishes, silverware, & other cooking/eating utensils)
- Clean fridge/freezer & microwave (both inside and out)
- Make sure to clean the microwave plate too!
- Stove top must be cleaned –
- clean the drip pans and make sure to lift the top of the stove to clean underneath and around drip pans
- Sweep Vacuum, and mop floors
- Including under furniture
- Wipe down all counter tops
- Clean out the sink
- Wipe down any tables
- Remove sofa cushions & clean underneath if needed.
- Set thermostat to 70 degrees (if it isn't already)
- Make sure whiteboard outside apartment is clean & dust behind it.
- Make sure wipe down the washer and dryer
- Check that all clothing is removed
- Clean out lint from dryer
IV. Move Out PROPER CHECK OUT LIST to Avoid $75 improper move out charge
- Sign Up For A Check Out Time With Your RA By August 6.
- Clean Your Room/Suite. Follow the checklist above.
- Complete Forwarding Address Information on MyHousing, Empty Mail Box and Pick Up Your Packages.
- Show Up On Time For Your Check Out Appointment With Your RHA.
V. KSA Move Around Instructions
If you are continuing a contract with University Housing for the 2013-14 academic year and plan to move to a different room please continue reading this information
Date: Wednesday, August 21
Come to the service desk and a staff member will check you out of your current space and help you sign into your new room
Here is the process:
- Come to service desk anytime from 1PM-7PM
- State you are moving to a new room in KSA
- The staff member will walk you up to the NEW space to fill out an RCR on your NEW room
- The staff member will then issue you a key for your NEW space
- You will have 2 hours to move your items from your CURRENT room to your NEW room
- After you have moved all your items from your CURRENT room (remember to follow the cleaning list instructions found in the move-out guide) – come back to the service desk.
- A staff member will then formally check you out of your CURRENT room by completing the RCR and taking your room key.