Besides the services provided by University Housing, there are a variety of services that are provided to aid in the transportation of students in areas around the UW–Milwaukee campus.
Looking for a convenient way to commute to campus? Are you concerned about the environment? Do you simply enjoy riding around on two wheels? The Adventure Center has the answer for you. UBike is a semester-long bike lending program. Here is how it works:
- Every semester the Adventure Center offers 75 bikes to UWM students to use for free.
- Visit the Adventure Center during distribution weeks.
- Fall distribution happens approximately the second week of classes.
- Spring distribution happens around the beginning of April.
- Bikes are also distributed throughout the summer. Contact the Adventure Center for more information about summer distribution.
- Fill out the user agreement and waiver and then enjoy using your UBike for the remainder of the semester.
- Remember to bring your UWM student ID.
- All bikes are tuned-up and ready to go.
- Quantities are limited, so arrive early. U-Bike does not do advanced reservations, bike are first come, first served.
The U-Bike program features a variety of bicycles from road bikes, to mountain bikes, to cruisers. Locks, lights, and helmets are available upon request. Treat the bike with care and return them with all of their components on the stated return date for the semester.
Be On the Safe Side (B.O.S.S.)
Be On the Safe Side provides van transportation to the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee students as a core component of UWM's commitment to campus safety. B.O.S.S. Functions to promote a safe environment for members of the UWM community to live, work and study.
From 6:00pm-4:00am, 7 days a week, B.O.S.S. provides students to rides around the east side area free of charge. Their boundaries can be seen on the photo to the right.
To place a request for a ride call 414-229-6503
In cooperation with the Milwaukee County Transit System, UWM offers the U-Pass Transit Program to serve both community students living on or near campus. For more information about the U-Pass, click here.