About HRDepartment of Human Resources
7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Worker's Comp Coordinator
Engelmann Hall, Room 125
- Follow campus rules and practice safety while performing duties.
- Within 24 hours of the date of the accident or injury:
- Report the accident or injury to your supervisor.
- Complete and submit “Employee’s Work Injury and Illness Report” to the supervisor.
- Provide medical releases, medical proof of injury or illness is work related, and restrictions certificate to your supervisor as soon as possible and continuously.
- Report the lost time biweekly (ref. Lost Time Fact Sheet) to your supervisor.
- Notify your supervisor of any changes such as scheduled surgery, return to work etc.
- Notify your supervisor of any unsafe work conditions.
- Follow medical directions and actively participate in your recovery process.
- Respond to Worker’s Compensation Claims Examiner’s information request to expedite claim.
- Participate in the return to work process (ref. Early Return To Work Program) and/or alternate duty assignment.
- Maintain contact with your supervisor and worker’s compensation coordinator through the course of this claim.