Open to all current UW-Milwaukee employees. (Sorry, no students)
A friendly, walking challenge. You can participate as an Individual or as a member of up to a 3-person Team. You will be able to pick-up a free pedometer to track your steps towards the Event Goal.
Understand and experience the health benefits of regular walking, AND receive a free pedometer for participating!
Walking is an excellent, no-cost form of healthy activity.
Motivation through a friendly “challenge” offers a great way to get started and keep going towards a healthy goal, and build school spirit along the way!
||Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - Wednesday, September 24, 2014 (4:30 p.m.)
|FREE Pedometer Pick-up:
Human Resources, Engelmann Hall 125
|8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 25, 2014 and Friday, September 26, 2014
|Challenge Tracking Period:
(An online logging tool will be e-mailed on a weekly basis, every Monday throughout the challenge to log steps for the prior week.)
|Sunday, September 28, 2014 - Friday, November 7, 2014
Decide whether you’d like to participate as an individual or a member of up to a 3-person (maximum) Team. Teams will need to decide on their Team Name before registering:
Walk Challenge Registration
The deadline for registration to participate in the Spring 2014 Challenge is 4:30PM, Wednesday, September 24, 2014.
1) Pick up your free pink pedometer to track your steps during the Challenge, from the Human Resources Department, Engelmann Hall, Room 125, between 8:00AM and 4:30PM, Thursday, September 25, 2014 - Friday, September 26, 2014.
2) Download the Walk Challenge Step Tracking Log worksheet.
*NOTE: Roughly 2,000 steps equate to walking a distance of approximately 1 mile.
If you require assistance with the online logging tool, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
All participants, Individuals and Team members, will need to log their own steps for each week.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE 6 WEEKLY EMAILS WITH THE LINK TO THE ONLINE LOGGING TOOL UNTIL YOU’VE ENTERED YOUR STEPS FOR THAT WEEK. Each online logging tool link included in each of the 4 weekly emails applies only to 1 single log week of the 6-week challenge.
EACH WEEK MUST BE ENTERED IN ITS ENTIRETY (ALL DAYS FOR THAT WEEK) BEFORE “SUBMITTING.” You cannot enter Sunday through Tuesday, hit “Submit”, and then go back in later to enter Wednesday through Saturday, you can only “Submit” once per week. So you will need to enter your steps for Sunday through Saturday.
Final weekly entries must be made no later than 4:30 PM Friday, November 14, 2014 to be counted towards Challenge totals.
- Free pink pedometer and honorable mention
- The Individuals and Teams who have walked the furthest* (ranking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for each) will be determined from final step totals from your entries in the logging tool emailed to you each week during the Challenge.
The participant (Individual or Team member) who has walked the furthest will receive The Winged-Sneaker Traveling Trophy trophy to display in their work area until the next Challenge.
Winning participants may stop by the Human Resources Department, Engelmann Hall, Room 125, Monday through Friday, 7:45AM to 4:30PM to pick up their award.
The Walk Wisconsin Challenge Fall 2014 is administered by the Walk Challenge Team in Human Resources.
On behalf of all participants, a Walk Watcher has been designated to monitor administration and general participation throughout the Challenge. The Walk Watcher: •
- has sole discretion and final authority in determinations concerning any potential grievances or disputes and interpretation of Challenge guidelines
- reserves the right of review and approval of appropriate Team Names
- will draw names to determine final placement in the event of a tie
- reserves the right to adjust entry amounts towards eligible weekly/overall totals for the Challenge in the event of any question to accuracy of tracking entries during the Challenge. Example: logging error, e.g. 1,000 steps mistakenly entered as 100,000 steps.
Comments/Questions, please email: email@example.com
Presented to you by Work-Life Balance
in conjunction with the Best Place to Work