Open to all current UW-Milwaukee employees. (Sorry, no students.)
A friendly, walking challenge. You can participate as an Individual or as a member of up to a 3-person Team. You will be able to pick-up a free pedometer to track your steps towards the Event Goal.
Wherever you can put your “paws” to the pavement!
The Event’s Goal? Your steps will take you on a virtual “walk” to "Title Town"!
of "Walk to Title Town"
The Challenge event begins
Sunday, October 13, 2013
. (Coincides with the Campus PantherProwl.)
The Challenge event will end on Friday, November 22, 2013.
For more details, see Event Schedule.
Understand and experience the health benefits of regular walking, AND receive a free pedometer for participating!
Walking is an excellent, no-cost form of healthy activity; the simply Challenge adds a goal, fun, and camaraderie (not to mention the allure of “fame” and reward!)
Motivation through a friendly “challenge” offers a great way to get started and keep going towards a healthy goal, and build school spirit along the way!
Decide whether you’d like to participate as an Individual or a member of up to a 3-person (maximum) Team. Teams will need to decide on their Team Name before registering
Beginning Monday, September 23, 2013, register to participate directly via the Walk Challenge Registration Form or Walk Challenge Registration web page.
You will be asked to include:
- Your name
- Your UWM email address
- Whether you are participating as an Individual or member of a Team
- If registering as a member of a team, your Team Name
The deadline for registration to participate in the Fall 2013 Challenge is 4:30PM, Friday, October 4, 2013.
Tracking & Logging Your Steps for the Challenge:
1) Once you’ve registered, watch for additional emails and a weekly prompt with a link to a logging tool to enter your steps for the prior week.
All participants, Individuals and Team members, will need to log their own steps for each week.
2) Pick up your free pedometer to track your steps during the Challenge, from the Human Resources Department, Engelmann Hall, Room 125, between 8:00AM and 4:30PM, Thursday, October 10, 2013 or Friday, October 11, 2013.
3) Beginning Sunday, October 13, 2013, each participant should begin tracking their steps*. We’ve provided a tracking worksheet that you may either print out or maintain electronically to keep record of your steps during the week for entry into the logging tool. Download the Walk Challenge Step Tracking Log worksheet.
You’re encouraged to keep track of your steps on a daily basis, but you will need to enter your pedometer steps into the online logging tool each week via a link that will be sent to you by a weekly email.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT DELETE ANY OF THE 6 WEEKLY EMAILS WITH THE LINK TO THE ONLINE LOGGING TOOL UNTIL YOU’VE ENTERED YOUR STEPS FOR THAT WEEK. Each online logging tool link included in each of the 4 weekly emails applies only to 1 single log week of the 6-week challenge.
EACH WEEK MUST BE ENTERED IN ITS ENTIRETY (ALL DAYS FOR THAT WEEK) BEFORE “SUBMITTING.” You cannot enter Sunday through Tuesday, hit “Submit”, and then go back in later to enter Wednesday through Saturday, you can only “Submit” once per week. So you will need to enter your steps for Sunday through Saturday.
Final weekly entries must be made no later than 4:30 PM Friday, November 29, 2013 to be counted towards Challenge totals.
*NOTE: Roughly 2,000 steps equate to walking a distance of approximately 1 mile.
If you require assistance with the online logging tool, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Participants will receive emails with any important information or updates during the Challenge, in addition to the weekly logging entry tool.
- All participants will receive a free pedometer and honorable mention for their interest and efforts in this healthy event!
- The Individuals and Teams who have walked the furthest* (ranking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for each) along the Walk Wisconsin Challenge Fall 2013 “Walk to Title Town” will be determined from final step totals from your entries in the logging tool emailed to you each week during the Challenge.
The Winged-Sneaker Traveling Trophy
The participant (Individual or Team member) who has walked the furthest will receive the traveling trophy to display in their work area until the next Challenge.
Awards and the winner of the traveling trophy will be announced to all Challenge participants by email the week of December 9, 2013.
Winning participants may stop by the Human Resources Department, Engelmann Hall, Room 125, Monday through Friday, 7:45AM to 4:30PM to pick up their award.
Sunday, October 13, 2013 - Friday, November 22, 2013.
||Monday, September 23, 2013 - Friday, October 4, 2013 (4:30 p.m.)
|FREE Pedometer Pick-up:
Human Resources, Engelmann Hall 125
|8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, October 10, 2013 and Friday, October 11, 2013
|Challenge Tracking Period:
(An online logging tool will be e-mailed on a weekly basis, every Monday throughout the challenge to log steps for the prior week.)
|Sunday, October 13, 2013 - Friday, November 22, 2013
(Final logging entry will close at 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 29, 2013.
BEYOND THE CHALLENGE . . .
To help you continue with your healthy goals, watch for future healthy challenges and take advantage of ongoing Wellness programs.
UWM routinely offers several activities to help improve overall well-being, reduce stress levels, and keep you active through the Best Place to Work Initiative
in conjunction with Work-Life Balance.
Watch for future emails and postings at the Work-Life Balance
web site, and keep your healthy lifestyle objectives going strong!
Comments/Questions, please email: email@example.com
Presented to you by Work-Life Balance
in conjunction with the Best Place to Work