Living above the Shop
This investigation takes the site issues of safety, public and private community, and access to neighborhood amenities, and stitches the project into the urban landscape in a unique design solution. The solution provides a private and secure garden courtyard that is a catalyst for organized and informal activities and interaction. The apartments are all organized in a co housing concept with varying degrees of community shared spaces.
This development creates opportunities and options for the residents.
- Options of privacy or community for the residents.
- Options of townhomes, communal housing and traditional apartments.
- Options of spaces of interaction and spaces of reflection.
- Create the opportunity to age in place.
- Create the opportunity to stay involved with the community through classes, working in the Coop, or assist in childcare.
- Create the opportunity to foster awareness of energy consciousness and sustainable design.
- Create the opportunity to stay active, safe and energized.
Lawton Boulevard Neighborhood