News - PubMed and Research.gov (including NSF Fastlane)
To support the research efforts of the UWM community, access to NIH's PubMed and NSF's Research.gov using your UWM ePantherID and password has been enabled. This will provide easier and better access to these services.
To access PubMed using your ePantherID
- Navigate to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
- Select "Sign In" at the upper right of the page
- In the box titled "Sign in via Partner Organization" find "University of Wisconsin Milwaukee" in the list of organizations and press the "Sign In" button
- You will either be directed to the UWM Authentication page or directly logged into PubMed if you have an existing single sign-on session
To access Research.gov (including NSF Fastlane) using your ePantherID
- Navigate to http://www.research.gov
- In the box titled "LOGIN AS" in the upper left, select "InCommon" from the pull-down list and press the "Login" button
- On the "InCommon Federation" page, select "University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee" from the pull-down list and press the "Log In" button
- You will either be directed to the UWM Authentication page or directly logged into Research.gov if you have an existing single sign-on session
- After you have logged into Research.gov the first time, you will want to activate your account before accessing Fastlane. Activating will allow an individual to access all NSF services through Research.gov. To do this, press the "Activate Now" button on the right side. It will ask you for your Fastlane ID and Fastlane password.
Additional details about Research.gov integration with InCommon participant institutions can be found in "InCommon Pilot Quick Reference Guide" provided by Research.gov.