Address and Legal Name Changes


Students may make their own changes in PAWS by clicking on the "Change Address(es)" link appearing below each address type listed on ones active record. For more information see

Employees wishing to change their Campus address information in HRS should contact their Personnel Representative or supervisor who can then contact to report the individual (or list of people) including both their full name (ideally PersonID) and the new location.

Legal Name Changes

Students can change the name that appears on their academic record by filling out a Student Record Data Change Form at the Enrollment Services Information Center, Mellencamp Hall 274. The completed form must be accompanied by a form of documentation showing your new name (i.e., marriage certificate or court order) and a photo ID.

Employees wishing to change their name must go to the Human Resources office with proof of change. A SSN card is required to verify that the new name  match  for payroll and tax purposes. (This is also based upon the requirements of the W-4 form.)  Forms from  Human Resources and Health Insurance need to be changed.

Members of the UWM Community may consider requesting a change to their ePantherID AFTER the change has been made in UWM administrative systems. Individuals  should read Requesting a Change to your ePantherID before considering this option.