ePanther Group Account Administration
The IAM Team recommends using a pantherLIST when there is a need to abstract email delivery from a specific person. For a few usages, this option is not ideal and an ePanther Group Account provides a more appropriate solution.
ePanther Group Accounts:
- Must be eight characters or less long and not conflict with an existing ePantherID.
- Are used to manage a single mailbox for message delivery where assignment to a specific individual represents an operational or security risk.
- Allow multiple individuals to access the ePanther Group Account assigned mailbox using individually assigned ePantherID and password.
- Can only be used to access the assigned mailbox using a dedicated interface to the pantherLINK service and cannot be accessed using other email protocols such as POP or IMAP.
- Are administered by the assigned owner of the ePanther Group Account. The owner can control which ePantherID's are allowed to access the ePanther Group Account using a web interface.
- Cannot be used to access other services.
To request a group account, please submit a service request using the UWM Help Desk online request form. The request must include the following:
- Two proposed options for name of account (limit 8 alphanumeric characters)
- Title for account
- Owner of account
- Initial list of individuals needing access to account
- Description of purpose of account
All requests for an ePanther Group Account will be reviewed by the IAM Technical Team for appropriate use before issuance.
NOTE: The continued availability of the ePanther Group Account function is subject to periodic review and may be discontinued.