With internationally-focused academic, research and outreach programs, UWM prepares students to meet the challenges and embrace the opportunities they will encounter in today's interdependent world, while expanding the university's knowledge base through international partnerships.
- By the numbers
- Over 1000 international students from 80 countries
- Over 150 visiting scholars from 50 countries
- Over 600 students studying abroad annually
- Courses in over 20 world languages
- Interdisciplinary degrees and certificates serving students in all schools and colleges
- International Affairs programs reaching over 10,000 people each year
Bringing UWM to the world and the world to UWM. Read more »
- Why Study at UWM?
- UWM offers exceptional learning opportunities and advising support for international and internationally-minded students in Wisconsin's business and cultural center.
- Collaborations with universities around the globe expand international learning and research opportunities for UWM students and scholars. More »
- UWM supports its scholars' international research while fostering dynamic, cross-disciplinary dialogue on contemporary global issues. More »
- Public Programs
- Continuing education and public programs strengthen international learning for the UWM campus and the community.
The state's economic and cultural capital provides research, career, recreational and motivational opportunities for all and is located on Lake Michigan, the world's 5th largest lake.