Educause 2013 Information Security Awareness Video & Poster Contest
The winners of the poster and video contest have been announced and are listed below! See the full announcement here.
- Gold Prize: "Question the Cloud" by David Behar, University of North Florida
- Silver Prize: "It's a Jungle in There" by Felipe Collazo, Montgomery College
- Bronze Prize: "Lock Your Devices" by Emily Mauro, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
PSAs (30 seconds)
- Gold Prize: "Passwords" by Sam Ennis, Iowa State University
- Silver Prize: "Share It Right" by Jonathan Kleinpass and Gabe Pannell, San Francisco State University
- Bronze Prize: "Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi Networks" by Priit Joasoo and Catherine Karu, Tartu Art College
Training Videos (2 minutes or less)
- Gold Prize: "Warning: Laptop Thieves" by Mario Fabbri, Oakton Community College
- Silver Prize: "Phishing: E-Safe" by Trenton Elliott, Eastern Michigan University
- Bronze Prize: "IT Security Guards" by Anurakhavan Ketheeswaran, Seneca College
- Poster: Keep a Clean Machine by Jonathan Howell, Savannah College of Art & Design
- Poster: Link Safely by Derrick Douglass, Montgomery College
- Poster: Malware on the Loose by Gilron Charles, Cameron University
- Poster: Change Your Password by Emily Mauro, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Poster: It Only Takes Seconds by Julia Simeone, University of Florida
- PSA: Attention College Students! by Tommy R., University of Maryland University College
- PSA: I’m Mike by Doug Yablun, University of Florida
- PSA: Log Out for Computer Safety by Tyson Wischerath and Tomas Wischerath, California College of the Arts
- PSA: The Importance of Passwords on Mobile Devices by Matt Rafferty, University of Northern Iowa
- Training Video: Security Spy by Ricardo Chaidez & team, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Training Video: Identity Theft by Wei Wang and Eric Huynh, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
- Training Video: How to Create a Secure Password by Griffin Tran, University of Connecticut
The EDUCAUSE & Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) is conducting its fifth international contest in search of short information security awareness videos and posters developed by college students, for college students.
This is a great opportunity for students to showcase their work, and:
- Winners will receive cash prizes up to $2,000!
- The top three videos and posters will be featured on the EDUCAUSE website and may be used in campus security awareness campaigns;
- UWM entries may be featured on the UWM Information Security website.
See the promotional video and submit your entry by March 8, 2013.
For additional details, visit: http://www.educause.edu/securityvideocontest.
Winners will be announced in April, 2013.