UITS Information Security and Privacy Program
As a part of the on-going commitment to protect and secure confidential campus data, the UITS CIO Cabinet has approved the creation of the UITS Information Security and Privacy Program, ISPP.
The ISPP is designed to meet state, federal and campus policy requirements by providing standardized training regarding information security and privacy subjects.
Implementation for the program as well as specific roles and responsibilities are defined by UITS Work Practice 9.
Employee responsibilities for the initial implementation:
Each training takes 10-20 minutes to complete, so please plan accordingly to ensure completion of the training in a timely manner. Note: Employees will not be required to re-take previously completed training as noted in our current records. Access the ISPP training subjects at the links listed:
- UWM’s Acceptable Use Policy for IT Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – FERPA
- UWM Information Security Policy
- Protecting Social Security Numbers at UWM
- Identity Theft Red Flags and On-going Prevention
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – HIPAA
Note: To access the correct training in the HIPAA Module the answer to question #2 should be yes.
2. Are you an employee or a volunteer in one of the following units (UWM's Covered Departments - Administrative Units)?
Select: UITS-Division of Academic Affairs**
Then answer: Yes
- Confidentiality Acknowledgement
Successful training completion will tracked via an email sent directly to the individuals' UWM email account which can then be retrieved, printed or shared at his/her convenience.
*Note - Individuals may print a separate certification of completion when the HIPAA assessment has been successfully completed.
For questions regarding the ISPP or training modules, please email email@example.com.