UITS Information Security and Privacy Program
2014 UITS ISPP Training Implementation
As a part of the on-going commitment to protect and secure confidential campus data, the UITS CIO Cabinet has approved the creation of the UITS Information Security and Privacy Program, ISPP. The ISPP is designed to meet state, federal and campus policy requirements by periodically providing standardized training on information security and privacy subjects.
The trainings (except HIPAA and FERPA) have been updated to a new steam-lined format with review questions dispersed throughout the training. Also, the assessment questions and completion tracking (except HIPAA and FERPA) are now offered via the campus survey tool.
Please note: Implementation for the ISPP as well as specific roles and responsibilities are defined by UITS Work Practice 9.
Access to the required trainings is listed below. The each training takes about 15 minutes to complete, so please plan accordingly to ensure completion of the in a timely manner. Successful completion requires 100% accuracy on the assessment questions and is due by February 1, 2015.
- UWM’s Acceptable Use Policy for IT Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – FERPA
- UWM Information Security Policy
- Protecting Social Security Numbers at UWM
- Identity Theft Red Flags and On-going Prevention
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – HIPAA
Note: To access the correct training in the HIPAA Module the answer to question #2 should be yes.
2. Are you an employee or a volunteer in one of the following units (UWM's Covered Departments - Administrative Units)?
Then answer: Yes
- Confidentiality Acknowledgement
- Code of Conduct
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Upon successful completion of each training, an e-mail will sent directly to the individuals' UWM e-mail account which can then be retrieved, printed or shared at his/her convenience (excludes HIPAA and FERPA). Individuals may print a separate certification of completion when the HIPAA assessment has been successfully completed.
- Follow-up with employees to ensure ISPP trainings are completed in a timely manner. Please note, the 2014 UITS ISPP Training Implementation due date is February 1, 2015.
Information Security Office Responsibilities:
- Track completion of all trainings in the ISPP and share with UITS HR staff.
UITS HR Staff:
- Document completion of the trainings for employee records.
For questions regarding the ISPP or training modules, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.