UITS Information Security and Privacy Program
As a part of the on-going commitment to protect and secure confidential campus data, the UITS CIO Cabinet has approved the creation of the UITS Information Security and Privacy Program, ISPP.
The ISPP is designed to meet state, federal and campus policy requirements by providing standardized training regarding information security and privacy subjects.
Implementation for the program as well as specific roles and responsibilities are defined by UITS Work Practice 9.
Employee responsibilities for the initial implementation:
Current UITS employees, as of 4/2/12, will complete the ISPP by 6/2/12. Each training takes 10-20 minutes to complete, so please plan accordingly to ensure completion of the training in a timely manner. Note: Employees will not be required to re-take previously completed training as noted in our current records. Access the ISPP training subjects at the links listed:
- UWM’s Acceptable Use Policy for IT Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – FERPA
- UWM’s Information Security Policy
- UWM Information Assurance Protocol for Social Security Numbers
- Identity Theft Program: FTC Red Flags
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – HIPAA
Note: To access the correct training in the HIPAA Module the answer to question #2 should be yes.
2. Are you an employee or a volunteer in one of the following units (UWM's Covered Departments - Administrative Units)?
I&MT's Selected Support Staff (Division of Academic Affairs)**
( **This will updated to say UITS- Division of Finance and Administrative Affairs.)
- Confidentiality Acknowledgement
The training completion* will tracked in the MyTraining Record by Employee Development. Individuals can retrieve, print or share training records at his/her convenience.
*Note - HIPAA training is currently not tracked in the MyTraining Record. However, individuals may print a certification of completion when the HIPAA assessment has been successfully completed.
For questions regarding the ISPP or training modules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.