- The purpose of the ITSM program is to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of delivering IT services to the campus community leveraging a best practices framework (currently version 3 of the IT Infrastructure Library [ITIL]).
- This goal of this program is to maintain the portfolio of projects that support best practices IT service management appropriate to our environment, and improvement in delivery of IT services to the campus community.
Success of the program will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Progress as indicated by an annual ITIL organizational maturity assessment compared to the baseline assessment performed in January 2010.
- Percentage of staff successfully trained in IT service management, at levels appropriate to their roles, in a calendar year.
- Uptime of IT services, evaluated monthly, exclusive of scheduled maintenance, but inclusive of both service outages and service degradations
- Number of service portfolio / catalog entries added / updated in a calendar year, including number of entries developed pre- vs. post- service implementation.
Program Management Team
|Beth Schaefer||Program Sponsor|
|Luciana Cancado||Program Manager|
|Mick Brickner||Program Resource - Committee Member|
|Joe Frohne||Program Resource - Committee Member|
|Mark Jacobson||Program Resource - Committee Member|
|Ed Melchior||Program Resource - Committee Member|
|Bobby Jo Morse||Project Manager - Committee Member|
|Steve Premeau||Program Resource - Committee Member|
|Mark Rank||Program Resource - Committee Member|
|Dan Reams||Program Resource - Committee Member|
Role DescriptionsProgram Sponsor
- Approves all related program artifacts and deliverables
- Manages policies and procedures impacted by and required by the program
- Allocates program management resources
- Facilitates approval of program related project plans
- Facilitates project resources based on the program-related project plans
- Provides input into strategic decisions and provides support for resolution of program issues
- Advocates and represents the program to campus constituents
- Maintains the ITSM project portfolio.
- Identifies and initiates gap analysis between current IT service management adoption and goals developed by the Program Committee
- Identifies needs and seeks resources for chartered program-related projects
- Provides overall coordination of active program-related projects
- Manages overall risk for active program-related projects
- Participates in program-related projects at the direction of the project managers
- Communicates overall program status to program sponsors
- Communicates appropriate summaries to identified interested parties
- Manages all phases of individual program-related projects
- Leads individual program-related project implementations and teams
- Provides Program Manager with project after-action reports
- A recurring resource utilized by the program to accomplish specific organizational functions
- Member of the ITSM Program Committee
- UITS CIO Cabinet
- UITS Operations Team
- UWM Tech Users Group
- Working groups chartered by the Program Manager
Document History:Original draft - mzwoo - June 29, 2010
Revised, based on feedback from ITSM Program Committee - mzwoo - July 8, 2010
Revised membership - cancado - May 4, 2012
Revised membership - cancado - Oct 1, 2012