Latin American, Caribbean, and U.S. Latino Studies (LACUSL)
Bachelor of Arts Degree Program
Unique among undergraduate programs offered nationally, the major in Latin American, Caribbean and U.S. Latino Studies (LACUSL) integrates the study of the region with that of Latinos within the United States. The curriculum is designed to ensure that students ...
- acquire foundational knowledge of Latino, Latin American, and Caribbean history and cultures;
- develop analytical and critical thinking skills;
- learn the comparative approach to studies of cultures; and
- gain insight into Latino, Latin American, and Caribbean cultures from a variety of perspectives.
The major will serve both students interested in developing a deeper understanding of Latin American diverse heritages and students who will be providing services for the expanding Latino population, especially in health services, public instruction, agriculture, trade and consumer protection, and commerce.
LACUSL Launch, October 14, 2010: three poetry and dance performances
- Poetry Readings from Boomerang (5:52 minutes)
- Dance Performance: Salsa Cubanito and Mambo Cha Cha Cha Dance (17:56 minutes)
- Dance Performance: Boi Redux Dance (6:44 minutes)