- Blanch and Henry Rosenberg Collection of Modern Art
- Marvin and Janet Fishman Collection of German Expressionist Art
- The Rogers Family Collection of Greek and Russian Icons
- Mark and Mary Jo Wentzel Collection of African Art
- Virginia and J. Thomas Maher III Collection of Modern Art
- The Emile H. Mathis II Print Collection
Mark and Mary Jo Wentzel
Collection of African Art
This ethnically diverse and aesthetically beautiful assemblage of tribal objects was generously gifted to UWM by Mark and Mary Jo Wentzel with the intent that it serve as a teaching collection for students and scholars. The Wentzel Collection of visually engaging objects, including figural sculpture and carved masks of wood, represent the culturally inspired work of the various ethnic groups from West Africa such as the Bamana, Baga, Baule, Dan, Dogon, Mende, and others.
Click the thumbnails to enlarge the images.