How to ApplyGuide to the UWM Department of Art History Master's Application Process
Applying for admission is a two step process:Step 1
Submit the following to the Graduate School:
- Fill out the Graduate School Degree application online.
- Enter your Statement of Purpose directly on the application form.
- Ensure that official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies are delivered to the Graduate School.
- Ensure that your GRE scores are submitted to the Graduate School.
- Pay the application fee. You can pay the fee online with a credit card.
Visit https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ to start the application to the Graduate School. Completing your Graduate School application online is highly recommended. Once your Graduate School application is complete, it is sent to the Department of Art History for further review.Step 2
Submit the following to the Department of Art History, UW-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Mitchell Hall 151, Milwaukee, WI 53201:
- Two letters of recommendation to the Department of Art History.
- A writing sample to the Department of Art History, for example, an undergraduate art historical term paper.
International Applicants Only:
Please contact the Center for International Education (CIE) and visit http://www4.uwm.edu/cie to begin your application. Follow the link to International Admissions.
Recommended deadlines to enroll Fall semester:
December 15 - if the incoming student wishes to apply for and be considered for Graduate School fellowships
February 15 - if the incoming student wishes to apply for and be considered for departmental awards and teaching assistantships
Recommended deadline to enroll Spring semester:
October 15 - if the incoming student wishes to apply for and be considered for departmental awards and teaching assistantships
PLEASE NOTE: There is no mandatory deadline for students who simply wish to apply without any consideration for financial awards; however, time should be allowed for your application to be processed. Financial Aid Information
|UWM Graduate School
PO Box 340
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
|UWM Department of Art History PO Box 413, Mitchell Hall 151 Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413|
For more information,
contact the Department of Art History Graduate Advisor
Professor Derek Counts