Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Scholarships
- Other Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution Program Pages
- Peace Studies Home
- Courses and Requirements
- List of Approved Courses
If you are a student interested in issues of world peace, sustainable development, conflict resolution, international relations, peace education, study abroad, etc., then you should consider applying for a Peace Studies Scholarship. Through grants from the Silvia Stoekle Droppers Fund (the major source of funds) and the Adele O'Shaughnessy Fund, the Peace Studies Program has the ability to award several scholarships each year.
Applicants must be enrolled UWM students (undergraduate or graduate) and must be pursuing a course of study relevant to world peace.
Please see the guidelines on the Droppers Scholarship Course of Study below before applying.
- Course of Study/Major
- Peace studies with an emphasis on world peace, with coursework of international content
- Academic Level
- Undergraduate or graduate
- This scholarship from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation may be used for tuition, room and board, books, fees, equipment or travel needed for coursework for full time students.
- The recipient may not be an international student.
- Grade Requirements
- Good academic standing
Undergraduate Adele O'Shaughnessy scholarship winners will be awarded $500. Graduate student winners will be awarded $1,000.
Undergraduate Droppers Fund winners will be awarded $1,000. Graduate students, $2,000.
Applications are due on March 1st for award the following summer and academic year. Applications may be returned by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or dropped off in Lapham Hall S391. Award winners will be notified before the end of the spring semester.