The Amelia Lucas Trust Fund
Sponsored by The Department of Communication
The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
The general policy governing the distribution of The Amelia Lucas Trust Fund was established March 4, 1991, for the support of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Awards may be given in support of student research at the discretion of the Departmental Trust Fund Committee; however, there is no presumption that any awards have to be given in a particular year or that the awards will be of any specific amount.
- The awards are specifically intended to assist students who are participating in convention presentations of research; however, funds may also be used in support of an ongoing research project.
- No more than $200.00 will be granted to any one student. No more than two awards will be granted in any calendar year.
- Awards will be distributed by the committee based on the level of student participation in the research and presentation, the quality of the research, and the expenses incurred by the student in doing or presenting the research.
- Participation in the Program requires the following:
- Letter of self-nomination
- Supporting statement of a faculty sponsor
- A draft of the paper to be presented or a detailed description of the research endeavor for which the student is seeking aid
Application deadline for the Fall semester is October 15th and the deadline for the Spring semester is March 15th. Should either of these dates fall on a weekend, the deadline will be the next business day after the 15th.
To apply, please complete the application process via the following link:
All inquiries should be sent via email to the Department of Communication’s Awards and Recognition Committee, email@example.com