Renee A. Meyers Scholarship
The Renee A. Meyers Scholarship is an annual award which recognizes and supports an M.A. or Ph.D. student in the Department of Communication who demonstrates excellence in research, teaching, and service.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in the M.A. or Ph.D. program in the Department of Communication at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. This award recognizes well-rounded scholarship; applicants should demonstrate excellence in research, teaching, and service.
Selection criteria for this research award are based upon:
- Achievements in research (e.g., published research in academic books or journals, research presentations at national and regional communication conferences, development of a cohesive research program, etc.)
- Excellence in teaching (e.g., innovative teaching practices, demonstrated leadership as an instructor, teaching a variety of courses, quantitative/qualitative teaching evaluations from students, etc.)
- Active involvement in service to the Department, University, community, or the Communication discipline (e.g., leadership in Departmental activities and committees, involvement in professional service activities such as committees, reviewing, volunteering, etc.)
Completed applications are to be forwarded to the Department of Communication’s Awards and Recognition Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 1st.
To apply, a student must submit the following items:
- a current copy of the student's UWM transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- a curriculum vita (CV)
- a two-page, single-spaced statement highlighting the applicant’s involvement and achievements in (a) research, (b) teaching, and (c) service
All inquiries should be sent via email to the Department of Communication’s Awards and Recognition Committee, email@example.com