Bus Service between Chicago O'Hare Airport and Milwaukee
- Round trip cost is $53
- The Pick up/Drop off location in downtown Milwaukee is 4th Street, just north of St. Paul, which is near the Amtrak station, at 430 North 4th Street. Schedule and other information online
- Tickets can be purchased online in advance: http://sales.coachusa.com/
- Tickets can also be purchased at Chicago O'Hare Airport, either at the Airport Shuttle Bus Center (bus pick up/drop off site from domestic flights) or on the bus after pickup at the International Terminal #5 Lower Level Door 5E (pick up/drop off site from international flights). Drivers take credit cards.
Train Service between Chicago Union Station and Milwaukee Intermodal Station, also stops at Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport
- Roundtrip $50
- You can buy tickets at the stations and online: http://amtrakhiawatha.com/
- Pick up/Drop off location in downtown Milwaukee is the Milwaukee Intermodal Station, 5 miles from UWM campus.
- Amtrak Hiawatha offers convenient service, regular schedule and takes 90 minutes
Shuttle Service between Milwaukee Airport and Downtown Hotels
- Round trip cost excluding typical 15% driver tip is approximately $25
- Tickets can be purchased online in advance: http://mkelimo.com/
- Tickets can also be purchased directly at the office across from Baggage Claim #3 at the Milwaukee General Mitchell Airport.
Locating the UWM Campus & Student Union
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is located only a few miles north of downtown. The quickest, easiest, and most scenic route to the Conference location (UWM Student Union) is to drive north along the lakefront on Lincoln Memorial Drive until it intersects with Lake Drive. Proceed west on E. Kenwood Boulevard, through the Downer Avenue intersection. The Student Union is on the right side (north) of Kenwood. You may prefer to search Google Maps. Enter "UWM Student Union, E.Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee, WI" in the search field.
- Campus map with parking designation, printable pdf
Parking information for UWM visitors
Driving Directions to the UWM Campus
Scenic Lake Route from Downtown Area: From I-43 or I-94 near Downtown, take I-794 east to Lakefront exit. Proceed 3 miles north along the lake on Lincoln Memorial Dr., at which time Lincoln Memorial Dr. becomes E. Kenwood Blvd. and intersects with N. Lake Drive. Proceed west on Kenwood Blvd.
From north of the Milwaukee Area:
Take I-43 south to the Capitol Dr. East exit. Proceed east on Capitol to N. Downer Ave., then south (right) on Downer five blocks to campus.
Suggestion: For more detailed maps to the UWM campus, see Google maps. Search: University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.